2015 releases worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

Ah yes, mid-year in music writing, where it's now defacto to haul out your so-far-best-of-the-year-album-click-bait-SEO-loving-list-of-albums.

I see Bilal is playing here in a few weeks, might go if I can. Go for #cans with him

Áine O Dwyer's Music For Church Cleaners Vol. 1 and 2 (2xLP)

Originally released on tape a couple of years back. Only on side 2 but this is lovely stuff. Basically AOD on church organ solo throughout. Mic picks up on children shouting, brief conversations and such in the church at time of recording which I love. highly recommended

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Áine O Dwyer's Music For Church Cleaners Vol. 1 and 2 (2xLP)

Originally released on tape a couple of years back. Only on side 2 but this is lovely stuff. Basically AOD on church organ solo throughout. Mic picks up on children shouting, brief conversations and such in the church at time of recording which I love. highly recommended

I've been thinking about getting this, sounds like it's a worthwhile purchase.

Sonic Praise by Ecstatic Vision,

3 dudes from Philadelphia doing the whole space rock Hawkwind/Wooden Shjips nonsense. Nonsense which I love dearly. We've all heard this stuff in some sense before but this is done so damn well.

Really loving this single and looking forward to her album

Her first album had some real crackers but loadza filler as well. I really like her guitar playing.

That one actually really sounds like the CocknBullkid

sincerely,
unasked for opinion

I've had the Sufjan album on repeat the last few days. I find it hard to listen to as it is heartbreaking but it has really grown on me after I found it initially underwhelming. It's basically like 10 Casimir Pulaski Days in a row. As a songwriter I am impressed and envious both of his filigree playing and his masterful lyricism.

I've had the Sufjan album on repeat the last few days. I find it hard to listen to as it is heartbreaking but it has really grown on me after I found it initially underwhelming. It's basically like 10 Casimir Pulaski Days in a row. As a songwriter I am impressed and envious both of his filigree playing and his masterful lyricism.

Aye I had to stop myself listening to it. Was all going a bit "teenager gets their first album" round here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back