2015 releases worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

Soundtrack
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The new Eccentronic Research Council is fucking phenomenal! Maxine Peake provides spoken word once again. This is their third proper LP.

Name of album is Johnny Rocket, Narcissist And Music Machine. I'm Your Biggest Fan. Concept album about a girl who is infatuated by a guy that plays in some local Yorkshire band. Album comes with a bonus 12" which contains 4 songs of the fictional band from the album. Anyone familar with these guys won't be disappointed. same great delivery of a funny, well constructed story delivered by Maxine Peake with the 2 lads doing their magic with synths and keyboards. Highly Recommended!

CS564190-01A-BIG.jpg The_Eccentronic_Re_3286644k.jpg

the new Ryley Walker is also pure ear candy. John Martyn, Astral Weeks Van being two obvious comparisons. done so damn tastefully. apparently got some young jazz upstarts from Chicago playing with him here. Real sweet instrumentation throughout. Not many new albums I listen to repeatedly these days. this is an exception. can't get enough of it. maybe the sweet weather is a factor

ryleywalker-primrosegreen.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fucking hell this is pure 1993.

edit: I found a gchat back in January where I said they were like Echobelly or maybe just Belly. I stand by that.

Oh ok. I'm just buying into the hype is all.
I quite enjoyed it.

It seems to sound like a million things from the late 80's right up to the late 90's. I would have never thought the sound of the late 90's would come back but here we are!

I quite like this new Meg Baird album. It's like Sandy Denny never died. I must check if she has any more albums, I've a feeling she does. I could have found out quicker than it's taken me to type this.

large_MegBaird_DontWeighDownTheLight_Web.jpg

I quite like this new Meg Baird album. It's like Sandy Denny never died. I must check if she has any more albums, I've a feeling she does. I could have found out quicker than it's taken me to type this.

I think I might have Leaves From Off The Tree but I don't think I ever listened to it.

I've only heard Dear Companion, her first one, I think it's great. Espers are deadly too, wish they'd put another record out.

I seem to recall enjoying an Espers gig in Crawdaddy years ago, I must have a listen.

Last album seems to be 2009 - I guess they have split

I was at that one as well - It was a good one alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back