2007 Eirecore awards (2 Viewers)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Anyway seems its that time of year and tis tradition for me to kick this off so here goes, and anyway I'm in the Freebooters and we're always starting, right kids?!

Best live show: Paranoid Visions @ Drogheda

Best irish release: Only Fumes CD

Best International band: Mojakka at Leechrum on World music stage, Juggling Jugglars at Puntala,

Best international release: derkovbois cd – stuck in your head tunes-tastic

Most listened to: Steampig unreleased 2 cd box set, Au Pairs – everything

Best venue: the Sally longs free in but bands get paid buzz

Best dancer: necrosteve by a long way, genius moves.

No offence but i just dont get it award – viamanas, prog rock punks

bets spellr on eircopr / thimped: bohs pinks

please go away award: thin lizzy farce, cocaine media panic, the green party

best session: sunday morning session in the crown snug at ggi belfast: classic banter, quality people

most eagerly awaited thing of 2008- Ghana football, moutpiece cd, ggi groningen, bertie finally getting sussed out.

Best zine: riot 77

most underrated band: 1000 drunken nights

you couldnt make it up award – thomarse and fleas and lice Ballina B and B scandal

Anyway you get the drift, make up your own catogories etc

thanks to pete for all the work on here!

Best live show: Municipal Waste in Voodoo or Leatherface also in Voodoo

Best irish release: Only Fumes and Corpses “Read Whats In Between”

Best dressed: Tadhg from Smoke N Thunder

I finally got it award – Slomatics

Best zine: Night of the Locust

yep and another thanks to pete.

1. I've been to fuck all gigs this year but the ones I did get to were the
Knockin' Boots affairs so big thanks to Danny and Traycee for that

( can I get my xmas present now?)

2. Gig posters/flyers

Again- some nice work from Danny but both Gav Beattie and Glyn have produced amazing stuff this year

So my vote goes for Glyn/Scrawlzine

3. Best zine -Riot 77

ummm

"you couldnt make it up award – thomarse and fleas and lice Ballina B and B scandal"

elaborate please

please go away award: thin lizzy farce, cocaine media panic, the green party

Man, I saw Lizzy there a few nights ago and I must say...they were fukkin' amazing!!! About 90% of the tunes they played were a million times better than the original line up could of ever achieved. For a glorified covers band, fukkin' A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!

"you couldnt make it up award – thomarse and fleas and lice Ballina B and B scandal"

Here's the trailer.

Nowhere to sleep, Empty house spotted, Breaking and entering, Sleeping in cardboard boxes weighed down with precariously balanced kettles of water, Very wet carpet, Furious owner walks in on debacle in progress, Police, Money changes hands, All is well.

best live band- leatherface!! and that band PRF where pretty damn fun

best irish release-havent heard them all but i really liked the frigits cd.not much else really did it for me

best session-5 day long piss up in wexford during the summer, or maby colin's birthday-also in wexford

most eagerly awaited things for 2008- freebooters lp! also the droppin bombs ep sounds like its gonna be amazing

hopes for 2008-more dancing at gigs! no fighting at gigs! getting apes of wrath's shit together once and for all

Best gigs: Blowfly, Seasick Steve, Boris, Gza, Leo's "last one", Portishead, Infinite Shurikens in New Ross. .|..|

Best thing I did all year: Learn to play the drums and start metal bands...get the leather and studs ready for '08!! .|..|

Dudes of the Year: I-2-da-muthafukking-P, Eoin "Fullster" Lombardo, Dr. Willie Jones, Leo Slayer and Tobias Swiftfoot. Much love! :cool:

Best Irish Release: the Putrefaction shint! .|..|

Best Scene Trend: The oldies all packing up and moving out to the country.

Worst Scene Trend: All this shitty-ass-plinkity-plonk-widdle-widdle-post-indie-shitehawk-gimp-rock!! I'll never stop rocking, balls to your "post rock"! :mad:

New Bands: Apes of the Mo-Fukkin’ Wrath, Drainland...go Team Colin, Yurt...I snuck a listen to the practice tapes! .|..|

Lady of the Year: Mine, because she’s better than yours! :p

Things I'm most looking forward to in '08: Finishing college, Gary coming home, Roadburn, hopefully getting one of the bands I'm in to tour home and abroad, rocking even harder, getting better at the drums, becoming an all round nicer person...it‘ll never happen though.

I’m sure there’s loads of stuff I forgot...oh well!!

Listen to Sabbath, and smoke weed!!

.|..|

best scene trend - reactionary divisive internet hating

less friends, more enemies in 2008!

Best Trend - People doing bands that they want to do regardless of what people in the scene want to hear, i don't like alot of it but Bats, Vimanas, Adebisi Shank, Terrordactyl, fair play.

Worst Trend- A tie for "People who think they've seen it all and can slag off whatever doesn't fit into the current "cool" trend" and "Everyone becoming overnight Stoner/Doom/Rock overlords"

Hopes for 2008 - That people will crawl out of their own cavernous arseholes and realize they're not the hot shit they think they are. Higher gig attendances. Idiots realizing they're fucking dickheads for carpeting the ground outside of gigs with cans.

best live bands : army of flying robots, nomeansno, slayer

best irish bands : only fumes, slomatics, estel, tunguska, drainland, hope is noise, rest, altar of plagues...actually fuck it most of the irish bands i've seen this year have been deadly

best thing to happen to cork this year : ladyfest

worst thing to happen to cork this year : leo retiring

person of the year : eamonn rimbaud

thing of the year that my alcholism has prevented me attending : ping pong

yay: leo's last gig, jenny and skippy's new kitten, england gigs, not losing my voice

nay: leo having done his last gig

hopes for 2008: everything gets heavier, me and altar of plagues actually get it together

fuck yis all ye pricks... best band droppin bombs for playing the most haunting music, also playing the most gigs...
only fumes and corpes that gig you know the one i live around the corner, just down the road quality band no questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back