2 movies i watched last night (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

spiderman 2: best shit ever

Once upon a time in mexico: absolute crock of shite.

which is odd, as i'd have expected it to be the other way around. oh well.

there you go now

PLOT SPOILING STATEMENT TO FOLLOW!!!! IF YOU HAVE NOT, I REPEAT NOT SEEN SPIDERMAN 2 DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaysus buh de bih in de operaytun rowim when doc ocks tenticals came to life was the most expensive instalment of de evil dead trilogy yet! fuckin ROCKED!!!

i dunno, its years since i've seen it but LA isnt half as good as Escape From New York, it just doesnt have the same "bleak" feel, and its much too stylised for my liking... still its good for a laugh, AND it has Steve Buscemi and Pam Grier so you can hardly complain!

you'd miss donald pleasance though

shit yeah, Dark Star is fuckin brilliant! The Red Dwarf of the seventies!

and who could forget Big Trouble In Little China...

kurt russell is great.
Big trouble in little china is one of my favourite films ever, he's really good in the thing aswell which is another of my favourite films. Generally i just think john carpenter is amazing.

thegoone said:
if its half as shite as spiderman 1 then spiderman 1 will have been twice as shite as its sequel
spidey 2 is deadly.
much more of a sam raimi movie with nods to dark man and evil dead

there's another cameo by bruce campbell too. he's starting to look a bit old though :(

george mcfly said:
spidey 2 is deadly.
much more of a sam raimi movie with nods to dark man and evil dead

there's another cameo by bruce campbell too. he's starting to look a bit old though :(

Kurt Russell rules. Escape from New York is amazing, Escape from LA is nowhere near as good but has one of the best endings to any film ever. The Thing is totally amazing too of course.
They Live is surely the best John Carpenter film though, totally incredible. It even held the record for the longest fight scene in a film. Anything with Keith David is always going to be amazing. Actually apparently the fight scene was real too, except for when they punched each other in the face. Amazing.

Ahhhh just noticed someone mentioned J.T Walsh, fuckin amazing! One of the best rent-a-bad guys ever, too bad he is dead he ruled.

I watched the Nunchuka scene from Enter the Dragon yesterday, amazing.

I watched American Splendor... it a pile of shit, anyone who says this is good needs their head checked.

i also watched willy wonka, kinda fun after all these years

assault on precinct 13 and the thing are definitely carpenter's best. i think precinct 13 just wins it for dialogue and for the most amazing arm breaking scene in any movie ever

after that, the fog definitey and prince of darkness, even if they're both basically a re-working of precinct 13
(which is a re-working of rio bravo anyway)

i must say i dont really like The Fog, far too slow... Actually, In The Mouth OF Madness is a deadly Carpenter film too, totally underrated. Big Trouble In Little China is just amazing. But Precinct is my fave.

i think Spidey 2 was totally class, and i dont go for that sorta thing at all. Its true that its definitely more of a "Sam Raimi" joint, and im a sucker for the whole "inner turmoil" thang.

yeah, was talkin with my girlf bout how Bruce is starting to look a bit old... we'll always love him though.

I'm a huge fan of carpenter, but ghosts on mars is by far one of the worst movies i have ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back