19th September 2008: Land Lovers album launch, Boom Boom Room (1 Viewer)

This shit is over.
It was fun, actual fun.
We in Land Lovers are hugely thankful to Brian Cullen's Love Bullets for their blistering (and threatening!) set, and to Darren Betamax for his accomplished synthing and ostentatious helpfulness.
We also extend a grudging recognition to everyone to attended and hope you enjoyed your night.

So sorry I didn't make it. Something about a temperature of 39 degrees suggested it wasn't a good idea to go anywhere.

Thanks to Padraig and the lads for a great evening.It was a great turn out. expect to see land lovers and love bullets play together again soon...watch this space....or myspace...

Mumblin' Deaf Ro told me this would happen. I should have listened. Or maybe the Landrovers were playing in the Room Room Broom?

I've decided against starting a new thread to say that we in Land Lovers shall be playing an in-store gig in Tower Records next Thursday, 2nd October, at 5PM.

So all you townies, listen to me now:
Land Lovers
Tower Records, Wicklow St.
Thursday, 2nd October
5PM

Band members have claimed that "Thursday night shopping just got a whole new dimension".

I've decided against starting a new thread to say that we in Land Lovers shall be playing an in-store gig in Tower Records next Thursday, 2nd October, at 5PM.

So all you townies, listen to me now:
Land Lovers
Tower Records, Wicklow St.
Thursday, 2nd October
5PM

Band members have claimed that "Thursday night shopping just got a whole new dimension".

I will try and be at this.

Are you playing an instore in danny horkan's any time soon?

I will try and be at this.

Are you playing an instore in danny horkan's any time soon?

We're shooting a video in Sheer Success, playing an instore in Danny Horkan's and giving a lecture on the benefits of buying local produce in the vegetable shop - all on the same day.

We're shooting a video in Sheer Success, playing an instore in Danny Horkan's and giving a lecture on the benefits of buying local produce in the vegetable shop - all on the same day.

remember the bags of popcorn you could buy where the popcorn was all different colours and tasted really sweet? Thats all I ever bought in the vegetable shop.

I miss the sports shop.

Isn't it amazing how those shops were never referred to by their right name. For example;

Sheer Success - the hairdressers
NewsAgents - News Extra
Super Valu - Londis
Orwell Video - the video shop
(sports shop name) - the sports shop
Second To None - the vegetable shop (bet you didn't even know its real name)

and isn't it mad that the heads who always hung around the shop were collectively known as the 'Orwell Gang', even though hardly any of them ever came from Orwell.

I'm currently writing a book entitled 'The history of my part of Templeogue (1985-1988)'. Its all going to be in that.

Replacing a sports shop with a Chinese takeaway was the death knell for health in that suburb.

I remember the coloured popcorn. The vegetable shop had a great selection of crisps, the best in the vicinity. I don't think they sell crisps anymore.

Replacing a sports shop with a Chinese takeaway was the death knell for health in that suburb.

I remember the coloured popcorn. The vegetable shop had a great selection of crisps, the best in the vicinity. I don't think they sell crisps anymore.

Was it King Candy popcorn?jesus I used to love that...yum...I didn't know you dudes were from Tempelogue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back