What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

The Valley Of The Bees. It's a pretty grim humourless old Czechoslovakian film but very good.
Cast out by his father, young Ondrej joins the Order of the Teutonic Knights, where he is raised by strict monk Armin. After years of hardship, Ondrej escapes from the Order when he is wrongly punished, and sets out for his former home. Arriving to discover his father to be dead, Ondrej now not only assumes control of his father’s properties, but seeks to marry his former stepmother.

The Wind Will Carry Us. I got bored watching this at home before but it was on in the IFI today and I loved it.
In the film, a journalist posing as a city engineer arrives in a Kurdish village to document the locals' mourning rituals that anticipate the death of an old woman. However, she remains alive, and the journalist is forced to slow down and appreciate the lifestyle of the village.

The Men. Very charming and amusing Armenian romcom from 1973
Vazgen, Sako, Suren and Aram are taxi drivers and close friends. When Aram fell in hopeless love with Karine, other three decide to help their friend.

The beast in the cellar (1971)
Just released by 88 films. I upgraded from a recorded off the TV VHS to bluray.
Brutal murders are happening in a rural English village. Could it be a wild animal?.. .or something else? Maybe those two elderly sisters who live in that big country house have been hiding a dark secret....Quaint British thriller made by Tigon. Well made with solid acting and direction. Not a great film, but I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back