What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

Megalomaniac. Very very dark French extreme horror. The children of a sadistic mass murderer, take after their father. Very slow paced, but, the violence brutal.

I had everything done and was ready for bed by 10.30 so i rewatched oppenheimer like an idiot.

Second watch (cinema last time, laptop this time).

Still very good.

It was so heavily Kubrick influenced, I could have been a wanker and said it wasn't original enough. But it was just so well done that only made me enjoy it more. Even having Nicole Kidman in it felt like a conscious decision to be a Kubrick callback.
Have you watched Dogtooth or The Lobster?

Finally watched Oppenheimer, I enjoyed it. I have a love/hate thing with Cillian Murphy. He seems like a genuine nice guy and he’s a brilliant actor, imho, but he creeps me out.

Like, I actually feel physically uncomfortable when he’s on the screen in almost everything. I think it might have been disco pigs that started it, it’s weird and hard to explain. The only time I didn’t feel that way was The Wind That Shakes the Barley and Intermission.

No, but I had head of the lobster. Thinking it was an offbeat comedy? So thought Sacred Deer might have been similar toned. It wasn't.
Off beat for sure and I found it hilarious (dark comedy) but I'm not sure if most would. Dogtooth is in Greek and I loved it. That said, go in not knowing anything. Don't watch a trailer or read about it. I saw it in the film festival years ago and I had no clue what I was in for, love that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back