13 year old swaps i pod for walkman (1 Viewer)

attention drop-d Slane review guy- THAT is how you write a magazine article

God there is something about that article that makes me wanna punch that kid in the face.

Did remind me of the first walkman I can remember in my parents house around 86' or so, fucking thing took 8 AA batteries and weighed a fucking tonne.

God there is something about that article that makes me wanna punch that kid in the face.
Yeah, I just kept thinking "This kid probably gets beaten up a lot".

Did remind me of the first walkman I can remember in my parents house around 86' or so, fucking thing took 8 AA batteries and weighed a fucking tonne.
We still have one floatin' around the house. It had a snazzy silver carry/protecter case too, for extra cool!

Well there's no reason why he should write the way he talks. Who does? Udder den ppl hu rite like dis?
I think that kid has a great future ahead if he can adopt a more sensible diet and maybe play some sport.

there's a heartwarming jacko-related anecdote in the comments though

I remember listening to the Walkman for the first time on a school picnic in 1985. I was 11 years old then. We were in the school bus and this classmate of mine proudly started flaunting his Walkman that one of his uncles' had got him from the US. I had absolutely no idea what it was until he asked me to put on the headphones. With me in anticipation he then pressed "Play". I swear I can never forget what my first song on the Walkman sounded like. The song was Michael Jackson's "Wanna be starting something" and the way I could appreciate different sounds in spatial, 3D clarity was amazing. I begged my classmate to let me listen to one more song but he was a shrewd businessman. Before he hit the play button again I had to pay a fee for the liberty of listening to his prized possession!
Dr Maajed J. Wani, Srinagar, Kashmir, India

I'm finding it hard to believe a 13 year old wrote that article.

13-year-old-dad-2.jpg

This is truly our most talented generation

he's a super smart 13 year old, that's for sure!

Aww, walkmans. I loved mine. It was black and clunky and ran out of battery quickly but it was great. Probably made me listen to albums in their entirety waaaaaaaaay more than I do now.
That walkman he has must have been a very early model, by the 90s they were so much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back