€50 christmas present for my bird needed to be bought today! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 4
Smelly stuff is kinda lame. Think outside the box. I got a goose feather super warm duvet for 60 quid. She'll think of me every time she climbs inside. It's a huge box as well so she won't have a clue what it is.

Maims I initially would have said the same about the smelly gear,but the lovely ladies of Thumped must know what they're yakking about surely?

Yo Scientician are you in work today?

Maims I initially would have said the same about the smelly gear,but the lovely ladies of Thumped must know what they're yakking about surely?

They're only projecting what they want onto you! Don't listen to them. Smelly stuff is like socks and aftershave for men. A duvet also has the double benefit of warming you up as well. No brainer.

I really like getting posh smelly stuff from Laura Mercier/Molton Brown etc. A gift should be a treat for the person,personally speaking I'm not mad keen on functional presents.Depends on the lady really. A friend of mine bought his girlfriend a toaster for Christmas once...she wasn't his girlfriend for much longer....

Once upon a time, I got my girlfriend a suitcase and a few CDs (to put in the suitcase) for her 21st. She went nuts at me, even though she explicitly asked for a suitcase and I had no money. Anyway, I went and bought her more stuff, she was made up about that. Then I had to endure her absolute obnoxiousness for another year.

it kind of doesn't matter what any lad gets for any girl.

just keep the receipt so they can change it when they've finished feigning excitement about the gift you spent ages thinking of, that they secretly hate.

And remember to never ever ask about it again.

laura mercier bath and body gift set (creme brûlée) in BT for 45e. that stuff is teh sex, got one for my mom (and one for me...ahem). I say forego the cans money for 2 bottles of prosecco in m&s for 24e...drink one each ;) and you've a euro to spare. cha ching!

I was thinking that sounds good for the Ma and realised she doesn't have a bath anymore :(

it kind of doesn't matter what any lad gets for any girl.

just keep the receipt so they can change it when they've finished feigning excitement about the gift you spent ages thinking of, that they secretly hate.

And remember to never ever ask about it again.

I've never returned a gift anyone has bought me.

I was thinking that sounds good for the Ma and realised she doesn't have a bath anymore :(

could still be a runner! it's just bath/shower wash and body cream. of course laura mercier being a poshy calls is bath honey and body soufflé. neither my mom or i have a bath but it's still oresome for the shower. smells like heaven.

As I said, it really depends on the lady in question, and you know your bird better than anyone Gaz so go with your gut feeling.Some girls love functional, some girls love to be spoilt, some girls like ornaments, some like jewellery..etc etc...

Yep totally agree. I'm getting a juicer for Christmas, so it's functional, but the Laura Mercier creme brulee body creme is possibly the most DIVINE smelling cream in the world, so I'd be chuffed with that too. Not picky, me ;)
NB don't get a juicer for someone unless they SAY they want it! That's usually the rule. Especially with suitcases...

could still be a runner! it's just bath/shower wash and body cream. of course laura mercier being a poshy calls is bath honey and body soufflé. neither my mom or i have a bath but it's still oresome for the shower. smells like heaven.

Ooh yummm. Plus, a lot of women wouldn't buy themselves a set like that (except maybe for their birthday or at xmas or whatever) so it's a real treat :)

if there is a tub or tupe of something fancy that has been hanging around the shower/bathroom for a while (usually the posh bottle hidden behind the Lynx Africa shower gel) and there is just the smallest bit left in it, you can probably bet that that is your lady's fancy soap of choice, and she is "saving it" for a special occassion. That's the one to get her

if there is a tub or tupe of something fancy that has been hanging around the shower/bathroom for a while (usually the posh bottle hidden behind the Lynx Africa shower gel) and there is just the smallest bit left in it, you can probably bet that that is your lady's fancy soap of choice, and she is "saving it" for a special occassion. That's the one to get her

Elementary my dear Watson! It will usually have a fancy name on it too that's unpronounceable.

Get her a mobile phone, Shneaky, girls love talking. If she already has one, well, now she can do it twice as often.

Amazing. Must spread more reputation around etc.

Shneaky: would she like a Thumped subscription? I'm sure Pete could write you out a receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back