€1,000,000...yes €1,000,000 (1 Viewer)

i mean as unique as

toploaderx24x07x02.jpg
fucking angelfire.

ITalkShite said:
This one?

http://www.arancidamoeba.com/mrr/problemwithmusic.html

Yeah, this band are fucked. They owe a company a million euros and they haven't even released a record.

i love how access to the internet and one steve albini essay makes everyone believe they are immediately 100000 times more clued in than a band, their manager and their lawyer.

enjoy working your shit job for the next <however amount of years these dudes don't have to work a shit job> years

andrew

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i love how access to the internet and one steve albini essay makes everyone believe they are immediately 100000 times more clued in than a band, their manager and their lawyer.

enjoy working your shit job for the next <however amount of years these dudes don't have to work a shit job> years

andrew

So true.

Was going to write an essay here but it would be such a waste of time and effort.

Don't know why people are getting so hyper about it anyway.... €1m is not a lot of money in record deal terms.

Can't we all just be happy someone got a break?

Yeah man, that's all we need. More Rolling Stones clones blocking up the path for real music...Four pretty boys, eh? Well here's guitars and off you go...man, fuck that. Real music must find a way through.

Yeah.

lorcanzo said:
hey, someone should wheel out the the Albini Article and throw around some cliché's.

edit: ah. ahhaha.

For anyone who doesn't have the time to read that article, here's a quick runthrough of the important points:

Tour Vans
Soundmen
A&R men are bad
Fuck

MONDOBRUTALE said:

andrew

hahaha :D

Re: €1,000,000...yes €1,000,000

Cliches aside, plenty of bands that I've come across have been royally riden by record companies under the premise of big deals.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
Yeah man, that's all we need. More Rolling Stones clones blocking up the path for real music...Four pretty boys, eh? Well here's guitars and off you go...man, fuck that. Real music must find a way through.

Yeah.

i can't even tell if this is a joke or not

andrew

I was at some Humanzi gig a while back. Not much to sing and dance about. But the aftershow party was a great laugh. Yer bloke from the Republic of Loose was there, absolutely blootered out of his face.

I dont think I've seen anyone that drunk before.
After disappearing to the jacks for sometime he reappeared two guys either side holding him up and he later went on to projectile vomit over random punters.

Class

I suppose thats pretty.|..| with a bit of !bog

Give him €1000,000

im just shocked they havent had to change their name. lets call our band.....a cross between a human and a chimpanzee. emmmmmmmmmmmm

its probably really a deal for a fiver a bag of tayto salt and vinegar and some recording time, no better way to get people talking about bands then put loads of figures in front of their name.fair play to them anyhow, maybe they're the best thing since eh... u2

"Tom Dunne, the Today FM DJ, said: “It will be great if a record label is to establish a presence and they will have no shortage of up and coming bands to record and promote."

says yr man from nothings happened...

Re: €1,000,000...yes €1,000,000

there was a trend a few years ago for major labels to sign up mediocre irish bands and then mercilessly drop them six months later. ive recently seen the lead singer of one of these bands (i think) working as a waiter in a pub in ranelagh. he's probably paying back his 10000000 advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back