Sweep the Leg Johnny (1 Viewer)

seanface

Website
www.myspace.com
anyone into these guys? i was introduced by way of the michiganfest dvd where yer man the guitarist falls through the roof. i know they toured here a few years back. were they up to much? i'm trying to track their stuff down but is proving quite the challenge

said roof incident is here

anyone into these guys? i was introduced by way of the michiganfest dvd where yer man the guitarist falls through the roof. i know they toured here a few years back. were they up to much? i'm trying to track their stuff down but is proving quite the challenge

they stayed with me when they played whelans.. nicest dudes ever! the singer sleeps with his eyes open! true fact!

that gig was so inspiring to me.. just seeing them go nutzoid..

:)

great band

and who can forget the title,

'sometimes my balls feel like tits'

They're pretty cool allright. They played Limerick as well that tour great gig and they seemed live very nice guys.

(I could do without having to watch him clear the spit valve on his sax the whole time though - that's a bit gross - especially whan it makes a big puddle on the stage)

yup, they're great. My old band supported them in Limerick.Got a a cupla albums if u want me to burn them for you. Also, check out the side project; Check Engine, basically Sweep with an Singer/guitarist. Like the more melodically passionate (you heard!) cousin of Sweep. Also one of the best live shows i've ever seen

they and check engine both broke up unfriendly in the end. i met the sax player a year or so ago - he was in some art band with a violin. actually, now that i remember, i had check engine booked into whelans for a second gig......... and all of a sudden, they stopped communicating with everyone who had booked a tour for them on that particular tour. no explanation or nothing. but hey, great live band. they may have played for too long last time i saw them though, i never managed to make up my mind.

They were amazing in the Warzone Cafe in Belfast. Kabinboy supported. I remember Gary wearing an AC/DC T shirt and I'm pretty sure it was a Brian Johnson album!!!

yup, they're great. My old band supported them in Limerick.Got a a cupla albums if u want me to burn them for you. Also, check out the side project; Check Engine, basically Sweep with an Singer/guitarist. Like the more melodically passionate (you heard!) cousin of Sweep. Also one of the best live shows i've ever seen

One of the best gigs I was at in limerick, did ye ever get that amp fixed steve???

Kabinboy supported. I remember Gary wearing an AC/DC T shirt and I'm pretty sure it was a Brian Johnson album!!!

You remember wrong,I have never owned such an item. I still have an AC/DC shirt that I could have worn then. It has Angus on it.
Sweep The Leg Johnny were pretty good that night. I think we got a phone call that after noon to see if we could play and luckily could.

One of the best gigs I was at in limerick, did ye ever get that amp fixed steve???

wasnt that annapurnas fault??

STLJ in the savoy was top notch. think it was a bank holiday monday night and a pile
of people showed up.

Check Engine in the boat club was also top drawer.

Scaryist band I've ever seen live
Freaks me out know that the singer sleeps with his eyes open

yea i really like them.the total extreme of math rock.

just have Going Down Swingin, which are people's favs?

Tomorrow We Will Run Faster is my favourite.
Saw them twice, once in Dublin and once in Chicago (after Mitch Cheney from Rumah Sakit had joined).
One of the best live bands i've ever seen.

Check Engine were brilliant too.

That's freaky about the eyes-open-sleep thing.
I witnessed Craig from BATS doin the exact same thing at ATP over the weekend.
Put the fear of god in me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back