Black Metal Recommendations (1 Viewer)

chutneyfarmer

Heya folks just been checking out some Black Metal stuff. Was never into it back in my metaller days but kinda diggin it now. Been checking out some early Burzum and Mayhem stuff and liking it. Any other stuff worth checking out???

Getting into the old black metal myself these days.

Apparently Darkthrone are really good.

Mayhem fucking rule. FUNERAL FOG!!!!!!!!!!! .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

i never really followed the labelling of the metal, but i always really dug Celtic Frost. Not sure if they're 'black' metal though, but i'm guessing they're damn close. "To Mega-Therion" is a stone-cold classic.

B0006IBZCS.01-A35DLASQ1BPNC4._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

chutneyfarmer said:
Batlord :D

eh is that not Bathory? Bleedin metallers and their funny writing!!!!!!!
That would be correct.

Unless you are a young, bogger metaller, it's 1989 or thereabouts and you've just made a holy show of yourself in the Sound Cellar asking for "the first Batlord record".

pete said:
That would be correct.

Unless you are a young, bogger metaller, it's 1989 or thereabouts and you've just made a holy show of yourself in the Sound Cellar asking for "the first Batlord record".

Ha ha! So were you trying to make a fool of me Pete? Eh, were ya??;)

Ha "Batlord"! Deadly.

Phil said:
Carpathian Forest.

Yeah a friend played me these lads in work before and I really liked them. Wasn't the singer in another band before or something?

pete said:
That would be correct.

Who probably had the misfortune of asking that wanker Sid, who was the surliest fucker in retail through most of the early 90s...

Check out Immortal or early Emperor stuff.Early Burzum is black metal but the new stuff is all keyboards and nordic stuff.Endless Dismal Moan (EDM) are good,they're new enough and from Japan.You could also try Absurd but beware in black metal land for there is a lot of racist and nazi undercurrents. ie Burzum,Absurd and Mayhem.

http://www.riastradh.com

Himself said:
Check out Immortal or early Emperor stuff.Early Burzum is black metal but the new stuff is all keyboards and nordic stuff.Endless Dismal Moan (EDM) are good,they're new enough and from Japan.You could also try Absurd but beware in black metal land for there is a lot of racist and nazi undercurrents. ie Burzum,Absurd and Mayhem.

http://www.riastradh.com

Yeah, I know there's definately a sinister edge to it which is why I'll prob never actually buy an album by them artists but I'm more interested in the mood and sound of the music as opposed to it's intentions.

therecklessone said:
Who probably had the misfortune of asking that wanker Sid, who was the surliest fucker in retail through most of the early 90s...
ah yes. Sid, the famed bassist with KillerWatt.

Remember his previous retail experience?

if you havent already, you should check out some of sandy denny's solo albums. i think they were reissued recently. i just have this double compilation thing. its deadly though. must get some more. fairports rule.

nlgbbbblth said:

ramps said:
if you havent already, you should check out some of sandy denny's solo albums. i think they were reissued recently. i just have this double compilation thing. its deadly though. must get some more. fairports rule.

I read an interview earlier in which the members of Mayhem were slagging off and threatening the members of Fairport Convention for not being "True" enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back