atp Nightmare Before Christmas curated by My Bloody Valentine (1 Viewer)

Here's my advice... When you get the train from Bristol and get off in Taunten you'll either have a prebooked ticket for the festival bus or you'll be faced with a HUGE queue for the public bus to Minehead. Walk down into the town a bit to an earlier bus stop on the route. Then sit in your comfy seat as the bus drives back up to the station, lets a tiny bit of the queue on and drives off to ATP. It saved me hours of waiting two years ago and I even had time for a few beers in the pub there.

best advice ever EVER EVER.

although he could have pointed out that the train station is the first stop after the bus depot.

Hey - is there a site somewhere that people advertise spare places in their chalet?

Mates of mine in the UK are looking to go but all of us have full chalets and any 2 berths are already gone...? So if anyone has 2 spare places drop me a pm.... they'll more than likely just end up kippin in one of our chalets anyway so it potentially means some free space/beds for you guys.....?!

Cheers in advance if anyone can help!

this is obviously gonna be the thumped christmas party and I wish I cared enough about the bands to go, maybe I should just get a ticket and listen intensively for the rest of the year

I do heart the horrors

this is obviously gonna be the thumped christmas party and I wish I cared enough about the bands to go, maybe I should just get a ticket and listen intensively for the rest of the year

I do heart the horrors

All the cool kids are going!

Anyone know what the journey from Bristol airport to Minehead is like?

Nightmare. Don't bother queueing with the plebs for the public transport and under no circumstances should you get a taxi from the depot outside the station unless there's at least 6 or 8 of you. We got a taxi at ATP 07 to Minehead and it cost a bomb.

Buzzcocks, Spectrum and Fucked Up confirmed. Plus two other bands I've never heard of.

Oh cooool, The Wounded Knees are added. Have never heard of them but Jimmi Shields is in them (bit of festival nepotism going on there, eh?)

The Wounded Knees

The Wounded Knees are Jimi Shields (Rollerskate Skinny, Lotus Crown, Martina Topley-Bird), Suzanne Thorpe (Mercury Rev, Forest for the Trees, thenumber46), and Phil Williams (Hopewell, Evil Twins). The pirate-punk trio were united by dissatisfaction.... As their latch-key-child government embezzled its' own conscience and crossed-their-hearts-hoped-to-die lied about everything..... confusion turned to sound.... Like lightning cracking an old oak tree, the anthems of All Rise were born. The Wounded Knees are sometimes joined live onstage by J Mascis. J plays atomic guitar on the track, "Dirty Exploding Sonic Dogfight", (recorded live@Tonic NYC), simply known as "Dirty", on the All Rise EP. All Rise has been released by Specific Recordings on 10" vinyl format. Specific Recordings, based in Troy, New York, is a label committed to releasing music in the format most appropriate to the the artist. They specialize in audio recordings that are unique as a result of historical circumstance or other unusual factors. The recordings capture singular moments, and are accompanied by artwork representing those moments, all of which is presented to the highest quality. The cover of All Rise was designed and screen-printed by stencil artist Josh MacPhee (www.justseeds.org). All Rise was produced by the band, mixed by Kevin Shields with extra recording by Guy Fixen. It was mastered by Bill Racine. NOTE: LISTEN TO THE WOUNDED KNEES AT HIGH VOLUME.

Double Mascis in the form of Witch J Mascis & The Fog. Pastels, Lilys and A Place to Bury Strangers added too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back