what films turn you into an emotional wreck? (1 Viewer)

Star Wars - Episode I. But more in a trembling with rage, how could he do that to me (and all other Star Wars fans) way?
Watched the Phantom Edit last night and though it is not as bad as the unedited version it is still pretty woeful.

A.I. and E.T- oh fuck here come the tears

I used to always think that ET had a happy ending until a friend was telling me that when she and her 2 sisters watched it (age 8 to 4) they all bawled at the end "Why did ET have to leave Eliot? Eliot was ET's friend"

Oh, and the bit in October Sky where Jake Gyllenhaal tells Chris Cooper that his teacher is not his hero but that he (Cooper) is.
Waaahhh
Oh my god, yes!

I've just remembered I cried at Millions, where the little lad chats to his dead mam. In addition to films where animals die, little lads losing their mams gets me every time.

Walken in Deerhunter when he's in the hospital and just "gone".

Robocop (seriously) when he says of Murphy's wife and kid "I can feel them, but I can't remember them."

Toy Story when Buzz tried to fly and breaks his arm.

The Elephant Man.

the elephant man made my cry my eyes out but it didn't really make me an emotional wreck the way this thread is about. still was in floods though.

I don't watch many films but I remember being fecked up in the head for literally years after watching The Fly 2. Not the old old one, the kinda 80/early 90s looking one. I'm still kind of appaled that someone would make such a sadistic film, though I'm over the nightly lalalalalalaimnothinkingaboutthefly2!!! thing.

i've been wracking my brainz trying to think of an answer to this thread. until then, i'm going to watch Nanking now.

and trust me, i'm going to be bawling after I do. so maybe i'll have a definitive answer then.

I remember being extremely scared and silent for many weeks the first time i seen michael jackson's moonwalker, as well as the Goonies and Alien. (this is when i was little by the way...) moonwalker was shocking. I can watch it now and laugh and laugh, but tarantulas, stealing kids and michael jackson as a gigantic screaming robot had me upset for a long time... as well as that horrible orgasm part in smooth criminial. what the fuck.:eek:

My ex told me her boyfriend told her to cop on when she was crying after watching Dancer in the dark.

I asked her was it the Lars Von Trier film we were talking about.
She said it was.

I told her to dump him that evening.
So she did.

How do you like apples new boyfriend? Huh? HUH?

How do you like Them. Fucking. Apples.

They way we were-soppy but fucks me up every time
Requiem for a Dream-made me suicidal
A.I. and E.T- oh fuck here come the tears
The Elephant Man-oh god

Holy shit! The Elephant Man! How could I forget that?

The long shot of Anthony Hopkins when he is looking at Merrick for the first time and the camera slowly tracks in to his face and a tear rolls down his cheek is unbelievably good.

I'm filling up here......

I cried watching Batteries Not Included. I was about 25 at the time.

Watched the trailer for Wall-E today and almost started crying.

It must be some kind of robot empathy thing.

Holy shit! The Elephant Man! How could I forget that?

The long shot of Anthony Hopkins when he is looking at Merrick for the first time and the camera slowly tracks in to his face and a tear rolls down his cheek is unbelievably good.

I'm filling up here......

I can't watch it again, it's just too sad.

ok i remember what film REALLY jolted me around.

not in a bad way, just felt out of it for days after!

Spirited-Away-Onesheet.jpg

grate fillum.

I got half an hour into requiem for a dream the other night. My boyfriend rang and I told him what I was watching, his response was "turn that off now, i'm afraid of what you'd do if you watched it".

I was just after watching kids so I did, kids just made me feel manky, especially at how young the girl looks at the start.

Eh hardcandy made me want to kill myself, I just remember sitting on my bed roaring till five in the morning wondering if the flex from the light bulb could support my weight. Fecking awful. I remember asking people in school if they had seen it one girl just responded "thought it was shit", I was like but you were made feel sorry for a child molester. She didnt get that part.

Love me if you dare did as well, as they are going under in the concrete all I could think of was "that is so romantic they are going to be together forever".

The wind that shakes the barley.

The Killing Fields gets an honourable mention anyway...

Incredible film.. the stuff that guy went through is horrifying, coupled with an ending that was understated and beautiful. Best last line in a film ever.

I'm a total sap for tragic heroes, schindlers list; saving private ryan etc. The end of the shawshank redemption always gets me too.. the bit on the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back