US politics (12 Viewers)

Donald Trump offered his unfiltered thoughts on pop superstar Taylor Swift in the new book “Apprentice in Wonderland,” written by Variety co-editor-in-chief Ramin Setoodeh.

Setoodeh: What do you think about Taylor Swift? One of the most famous people right now.

Trump: Yeah, I think she’s beautiful, very beautiful. I find her very beautiful. I think she’s liberal. She probably doesn’t like Trump, but I hear she’s very talented. I think she’s very beautiful, actually, unusually beautiful.

Setoodeh: Do you like her music?

Trump: Don’t know it well, but she is liberal, or is that just an act?

Setoodeh: She’s liberal.

Trump: She’s legitimately liberal.

Setoodeh: I think so, yeah.

Trump: It’s not an act.

Setoodeh: No.

Trump: It surprises me, you know. It surprises me. It surprises me that a country star can be successful being liberal.

From a here point of view it'll be either that he collapses the Ukraine proxy or the Isreal proxy. His alliance with Putin suggests the former.
They are not quitting on Israel

They're the lynchpin of a broad alliance in Ukraine, but have no stomach for it at all

They are not quitting on Israel

They're the lynchpin of a broad alliance in Ukraine, but have no stomach for it at all

Trump will pull the plug on Ukraine straight away, possibly alongside some laughable 'deal' struck with Putin ala his trip to N. Korea*.

Probably double down on Israel as well..

*Trump's not Putin's

Trump will pull the plug on Ukraine straight away, possibly alongside some laughable 'deal' struck with Putin ala his trip to N. Korea*.

Probably double down on Israel as well..

*Trump's not Putin's

Yeah, the GOP want nothing to do with fighting in Ukraine, it won't take much pushing

Joe's bad month continues..
To be fair the entire western media operation is now focused on his next fuck up, and the stay/go debate, so its gonna be pretty hard for him to catch a break.

was reading there yesterday that the Trump machine don't want him to quit, as they've a whole campaign based on the 'sleepy joe' routine.

You would have to think that will be that now. They will do their best to fuck it up anyway and put some sap up for the vote.

You would have to think that will be that now. They will do their best to fuck it up anyway and put some sap up for the vote.

In some ways though, process aside, all that replacement has to be is:

- less dodgy than trump
- less baggage than biden
- younger than trump
- more coherent and combative than biden

to have an advantage.

However the optics of a messy transition or worse yet something that could be perceived as a coup could really play badly. I also read about how Trump campaign have their attack adds against Harris ready to go, portraying her as trying to push biden out etc.

I saw the Putin one this morning. For fucks sakes like. with Wee George Bush as least you knew he was just an idiot, with biden you have years of him being slick in the public to compare the present to.

Emperor's new clothes in real time.

It's all so disheartening, Biden shouldn't be going again. His selling point at this stage seems to be "well look at the other guy."

Even the very valid criticism of what Biden has done in the latest round of things in Gaza, what'd Trump do if he were in charge.

The mind boggles at people thinking that whoever is in charge makes any difference to the party they represent.

It does.

If you had Obama era Biden running the office at present he'd be consulted on things and the flavour of his outlook and public presentation would flavour who all the administration layers deal with things.

But we have Biden End of and Era Era running america so about 80% of policy in the upper echelons of admin are probably going to be how do we limit his involvment in this while still dealing with it...

Personalties do things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back