Major Pleasures (6 Viewers)

Daughter is in Irish college in Kerry, they're allowed out on the Sunday so we went down for a couple of days to visit. Used to go a lot when I was wee, but my god, those few days taking in Valentia Island, Dingle and spots like Ballybunion beach were so good for the heart and mind, Kerry is magnificient.

Funny the little things that have changed, there's a charge for *everything*. "Oh, you want to step into this field to look at a puddle that looks a little bit like where R2D2 might have widdled himself, that'll be 4 euro please"

Daughter is in Irish college in Kerry, they're allowed out on the Sunday so we went down for a couple of days to visit. Used to go a lot when I was wee, but my god, those few days taking in Valentia Island, Dingle and spots like Ballybunion beach were so good for the heart and mind, Kerry is magnificient.

Funny the little things that have changed, there's a charge for *everything*. "Oh, you want to step into this field to look at a puddle that looks a little bit like where R2D2 might have widdled himself, that'll be 4 euro please"
I have a soft spot for Ballybunnion. It's touristy but the beach is beautiful and I love the little shop along it so you don't need to walk all the way back up to the top. Also, the walk on the cliff.

I have a soft spot for Ballybunnion. It's touristy but the beach is beautiful and I love the little shop along it so you don't need to walk all the way back up to the top. Also, the walk on the cliff.
Isn't that where there's a bakery that we ordered so much cake off them that they still remembered us years later?

I was out in a cafe on saturday when this young lad shyly comes up and says "is that I like Fun?" referring to my T shirt (they might be giants' I like fun album cover). We proceeded to nerd out about TMBG. He was 18 and had been into them for 2 years already and knew EVERYTHING. I even deliberately attempted a few deep references and he got them all. He was giddy because he could finally talk to someone about the band. I asked him if he knew their wiki site. He said it is the only webpage he has bookmarked!
Eventually I said "see you in Vicar st in November".

The whole thing reminded me of when I was in college and some guy had a Marillion patch on his bag and I approached him and asked him about it. He was like "oh that, I don't now what that is" like a real arsehole.

I'M NOT THAT ARSEHOLE.

I had a similar experience one time, I was at an event in England wearing a Misantropical Painforest shirt that I had designed myself and this guy came bounding over to check it out. He wasn't a teen but still, we had a great chat about MP. That was a cool shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back