You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

HR puff n'stuff if I remember right was repeated on rte in the early 80s along with loads of other tv shows from the 60s & 70s. I didn't see it the first time around....so old....but not that old.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a lot of lyrics in this...

Last edited:
HR puff n'stuff if I remember right was repeated on rte in the early 80s along with loads of other tv shows from the 60s & 70s. I didn't see it the first time around....so old....but not that old.

I’m old enough to have been alive when it was on TV and have the theme tune’s chorus seared into my brain but not old enough to remember very much about it. I associate it with San Francisco and beach buggies and the Hair Bear Bunch

Edit: obviously some overlap there with the Banana Splits but I think it predates even that show?

Last edited:

They say if you remember the early 80s then you’re an old fecker.

Yep, He's really annoying.

Someone mentioned HR in work and I started singing "HR puff n stuff, he can't do a little, 'cause he can't do enough"

Hadn't a clue.
Oh right. I thought you meant the Bad Brains singer!
HR Puff n Stuff is one those kids programmes I always think I just imagined. Especially as I was 3 in 1979.

Don't remember Banana Splits. I heard of that as an adult. 'cause of The DIckies covering the theme tune

Last edited:

Whoever made that may have been taking something that was interferring with their work. Not Hanna-Barbera's best moment.

Nowhere near as bad as Disney's early 1990's version of Aladdin. My nephews were watching that about 8 years ago and I had to intervene and tell them how racist it was.

Dr. Jack Shaheen extensively studied depictions of Arabs in American cinema. His findings were really shocking but not surprising.
Out of 1000 movies he analysed 936 showed Arabs negatively and only about 20 were positive.
Edit: fixed typos

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back