Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

can you imagine having two members of your club killed in less than a year?

This is right at the Apple green out there

People speed on that road once they get a chance
But this is also someone on their phone - catastrophic, fatal injuries like this are drivers being 'surprised' by a cyclist cos they're answering a text or something.
Even if you're speeding, there's time to react. You just have to be looking at the fucking road.

I have low faith in the gards, but hopefully they get this fucker's phone off of them.

This is lovely thing that my neighbour apparently has now. Lighter than you might expect. Could probably use at least one brake. It's SS, not fixie.

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_143959.jpg
    IMG_20240316_143959.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Did a test to establish where my bike fitness is at

It is in a horrible place

This was the test
1710959258597.png

Abandoned 2 minutes in
I don't think I went over 120 Watts the whole fucking time

Switched to watching the HR on my watch
10 minutes at 130 HR
50 minutes at 140 HR
10 minutes at sub-130 HR
My Max HR is like 168 to 170

! hr 10 minutes and I didn't even break 20 fake bike miles
A horror show

1710959371509.png

As my friend told me as I gasped up a hill: It never gets easier, you just get faster.
thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars

Started shopping for a proper carbon fibre bike
Man they have come down in price

My friend warned me about going on group rides that I would be judged for not using clipless pedals
I told her that I already knew cyclists were assholes
Heheh

Started shopping for a proper carbon fibre bike
Man they have come down in price

My friend warned me about going on group rides that I would be judged for not using clipless pedals
I told her that I already knew cyclists were assholes
Heheh
You could consider looking at Ti frames too.
The prices are comparable, and something like a Litespeed Ti will have much higher QC than almost all carbon.

And yeah, despite being a cunt, clipless will make your life easier. You can put on a pair of SPDs and get ordinary looking shoes, and pretend you don't have clipless if you want to keep your inner cuntery a secret.

As my friend told me as I gasped up a hill: It never gets easier, you just get faster.
thing about hills is it's particularly nasty to weight.

I went from weighing something like 62 kg to something like 72 over the course of a few months. When I got back onto the bike and hit a hill I stopped, got off the bike, and checked over everything to try to work out what was going on. Hills went from being the bits of the ride I could sit in and relax, to suffering to the point that I thought the bike was broken. The amount of watts those big fellas must be able to generate to get over those serious climbs is unreal.

clipless will make your life easier.
Still not convinced of this tbh
I have done research - and not looking to open the can of worms here.
Everyone likes what they like and they get used to what they like.

It's more a comment on the judginess of cyclists than the actual system in question.

Appreciate the info on the Ti bike

from what i've seen, how difficult hills are is calculated by raising the slope by a factor of 2.5.
e.g. doubling the slope increases difficulty by a factor of more than 5.

thing about hills is it's particularly nasty to weight.

I went from weighing something like 62 kg to something like 72 over the course of a few months. When I got back onto the bike and hit a hill I stopped, got off the bike, and checked over everything to try to work out what was going on. Hills went from being the bits of the ride I could sit in and relax, to suffering to the point that I thought the bike was broken. The amount of watts those big fellas must be able to generate to get over those serious climbs is unreal.
Jesus, you’re only a feather. When I was at my leanest I was around 86-88 kg. I’m probably close to* 100 kg now. I also live in the Dublin hills so there’s no escaping the pain.

*probably well over.

Jesus, you’re only a feather. When I was at my leanest I was around 86-88 kg. I’m probably close to* 100 kg now. I also live in the Dublin hills so there’s no escaping the pain.

*probably well over.
ah, it probably wasn't very healthy. But it was more the swift addition of 10 kilos giving a very different outlook on cycling up hills.
I'd be less feather like now. But much warmer in the sea it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back