Referendums 24, a woman's place is wherever she wants it to be? (1 Viewer)

Voting intentions

• Yes Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • There’s no limits.

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Jokes aside, the story behind all those dumb tweets and Facebook stories is that the great civilisational conflict (we seem to need one) is the war on woke
Like it used to be the West vs Communism, but that's done ages ago.

It's why Tucker is over interviewing a murderous maniac like Putin - he sees Putin as an ally against his true enemy, who are his fellow citizens
And the Israeli comedy show Eretz Nehederet skewers all of Israel's western enemies as idiot wokists
The enemy is Hamas, and wokeness

And no disrespect to anyone here, but a lot of people's motivations for voting on this referendum seems to be to stick it to the other side of the divide

we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

just abolish marriage- much less messy
I remember the first of my friends' weddings I went to, I found the whole thing utterly depressing - I had thought we were somehow better than our parents' generation, and here was everyone dressed up in suits singing "why Why WHY Delilah" on the dancefloor. I had to go outside and sit on the grass for a while

I've lightened up since, obvs. Weddings are fun

DriveTime had a govt minister (I think Catherine Martin) and a DCU professor for a Yes v No faceoff.
Might be worth listening back to.

Whatever the govt is spending on media training, Martin is attending all the classes. Lady was on message.

Are they all on a whip with this?

Not a whip so much as, toeing the party line? Short leash more than a whip.

Surely there's some FFers not fully down with Yes Yes?

I remember the first of my friends' weddings I went to, I found the whole thing utterly depressing - I had thought we were somehow better than our parents' generation, and here was everyone dressed up in suits singing "why Why WHY Delilah" on the dancefloor. I had to go outside and sit on the grass for a while

I've lightened up since, obvs. Weddings are fun
Ah now, I would never let my principles get in the way of enjoying a good wedding

Twitter (I know) seemed to get bit tetchy about this over the weekend.

Some YesYesers comparing everyone who is a no on care to the nutters and the Church, Yesnoers, particularly the actually disabled naturally bristling at that.

Like, I think it's embarrassing that the constitution effectively says that women should be barefoot and pregnant and tied to the stove. At the same time it's like like that is actually enforced by the state in 2024 and I do find the arguments made by disabled people and their advocates that they're being left behind by the new wording compelling.

I'm doing the opposite of whatever the government wants because they're cunts.

Like, I think it's embarrassing that the constitution effectively says that women should be barefoot and pregnant and tied to the stove
Ah here, that's really not what the constitution says, and I think it's disingenuous to frame it that way. There's no "should", just a recognition of what is, or what was at the time it was written. It's a less accurate description now, but when you look at studies of division of labour within homes there's still a lot of truth in it.

I'm half-considering not voting at all, cos I think fiddling about with words like this is just a waste of everyone's time. If I do vote though it'll probably be yes/yes - I've no actual objection to the new wording, and if people's dire predictions about the risks associated with it come true well then we can just change it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back