What gig did you go to last night? (10 Viewers)

Family were on a short holiday in New York this last weekend. By total chance a friend asked would we like free tickets to a show of our choice in Madison Square Gardens, suggesting Billy Joel or a baseball game.

Checked the schedule and fucking ELDER were opening for Tool, couldn't believe it. Not only that but turns out tickets were to a luxury suite with an amazing view, plus comp drinks etc. Sense of privilege was off the charts. Was my son's first gig, not a bad result.

The records Elder have been putting out over the last few years have been my favourite things any band has been doing and thankfully they were immense live. 3 songs in 30 minutes, the dream! Never liked Tool before, and live didn't change that, gave them 3 or 4 songs before quitting. Tuneless drivel.

Ah here, don't be the prawn sandwich corporate box type person. I hope you snuck some more appreciative fans into your seats after you left.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Family were on a short holiday in New York this last weekend. By total chance a friend asked would we like free tickets to a show of our choice in Madison Square Gardens, suggesting Billy Joel or a baseball game.

Checked the schedule and fucking ELDER were opening for Tool, couldn't believe it. Not only that but turns out tickets were to a luxury suite with an amazing view, plus comp drinks etc. Sense of privilege was off the charts. Was my son's first gig, not a bad result.

The records Elder have been putting out over the last few years have been my favourite things any band has been doing and thankfully they were immense live. 3 songs in 30 minutes, the dream! Never liked Tool before, and live didn't change that, gave them 3 or 4 songs before quitting. Tuneless drivel.
I used to love Tool but they went off the boil big time.

occasionally i accidentally hear something new (post 2001 apparently) and I think it's decent but am a bit slow to decide that i want to spend 70 minutes with headphones nailed on like i might have with the earlier stuff. they kinda have one gear.

I've never seen them, though I think they're in town sometime soon and I might be working at it.

My brother uses Tool gigs as an excuse to travel Europe. Better value than watching them in Dublin/London. He's shown me videos and in busmans holiday terms, I was very impressed.

The fact you guys them at SFX is fucking mad to me. Jealous.

I was at that too. Saw them at Ozzfest on that tour too.
That was a good one. I remember they opened with Flood from Undertow and it was epic. I really enjoyed Slayer too (the audience was like a war zone around me for their set).

I've never seen them, though I think they're in town sometime soon and I might be working at it.

My brother uses Tool gigs as an excuse to travel Europe. Better value than watching them in Dublin/London. He's shown me videos and in busmans holiday terms, I was very impressed.

The fact you guys them at SFX is fucking mad to me. Jealous.
I’ll probably never see them again now that they’re only doing massive venues. I’ve seen them in the Point and at Le Zenith in Paris and the big crowds were shit.

El TWANGUERO

One of the best to ever do it,and I've seen the best. Well,I haven't seen them all,but I've a good idea.
I haven't seen Bill Frisell.
Anyway,probably, realistically in my top 5 guitarists alive currently. In terms of getting a room going...no flash,no delay, nothing just a guitar and a supro amp.
Hard to be beat for melody, harmony and twangerosity.hard to beat full stop.
Not immaculate by any means,seat of the pants stuff...but better cos of that. Naturally.
This is the future of music.
Live ,no YouTube shreddology.
This gig brought me to my fucking knees.
El TWANGUERO. The maestro.

Special mention for his two mates,who really none of it could happen without.

El Twanguero might slur a note or two,but the lads never miss a beat.. NOTHING.
I have to emphasize here how fucking slamming this rhythm section is...

NEXT FUCKING LEVEL SHIT

Altogether,think Dick Dale meets Django Reinhardt in Hawaii.

One of the best gigs I've ever Heard.

Also,it's nice to have a hero when your 51

Well I went to see the band, but the singer didn't want to perform unless he had sunglasses. Which he lost. So everyone in the crowd searched for sunglasses. I walked back upstairs.Twatimus Maximus.
There was a bunch of weird bands, but I wasn't in the mood. Nor was anyone else. Just a massive pile of wank really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back