Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

Instead of replacing a broken shower part I replaced the whole side rail. 2 screws and a small rawl plug and it's done. Quite a major achievement for me. When I told my girlfriend what I was going to to she said she can foresee another trip to b&q

Instead of replacing a broken shower part I replaced the whole side rail. 2 screws and a small rawl plug and it's done. Quite a major achievement for me. When I told my girlfriend what I was going to to she said she can foresee another trip to b&q

no way i have to do this exact job tomorrow (because i eft it too late today to go to homebase for a part)

They seem to be pretty standard so if the holes have already been drilled it should be grand. I had to use some spare screws I had as the ones that came with the kit were too narrow

Went for a swim before work
It was cold, as the sea often is
But I wiped my face a while back and a tiny cascade of salt came off and it filled me with contentment

What a goddamned gift life is

The boyfriend is Italian. I always panic when I have to greet his friends and family and go with the wrong cheek first. Leads to my trying to kiss them on the lips and a bit of awkwardness.

Have had something similar like going for the euro double
Cheek kiss but they go for the singular one and you look like a weirdo kissing imaginary cheeks loon

MORTO

I don't get involved in the cheek kissing but also passive enough to let others take the lead if it happens.

My minor pleasure today was trying to leave site, coming up against some real dumb security guys on the way out "No, you must use other exit!". Other exit is 45 minutes of extra walking from where I want to be.

Then some dude pulled up in his car and went "you're seanc from company blah, get in. I'm Mo from company meh. I didn't recognise him because I never recognise people when I see them out of the context I'm used to seeing them in. Mo was doing a couple of weeks handy work on the side.

It's weird to be recognisable, but apparently I am. As my linkdIn spams say: "seanc, you're getting noticed". He gave me a lift to a more convenient station, which meant my commute home was only 100 minutes instead of 180 minutes with less walking.

My minor pleasure today was trying to leave site, coming up against some real dumb security guys on the way out "No, you must use other exit!". Other exit is 45 minutes of extra walking from where I want to be.

Then some dude pulled up in his car and went "you're seanc from company blah, get in. I'm Mo from company meh. I didn't recognise him because I never recognise people when I see them out of the context I'm used to seeing them in. Mo was doing a couple of weeks handy work on the side.

It's weird to be recognisable, but apparently I am. As my linkdIn spams say: "seanc, you're getting noticed". He gave me a lift to a more convenient station, which meant my commute home was only 100 minutes instead of 180 minutes with less walking.

Slightly off topic but we're playing in London on the 30th June in Electrowerkz if you're about. Same with any other London based pricks.

Slightly off topic but we're playing in London on the 30th June in Electrowerkz if you're about. Same with any other London based pricks.

I've never been there, I'd love to go for a busmans holiday. That general area has many memories for me. Some bad, some terrible, some good, and many hazy.

I don't know if I'll be about, Should be coming out of mental season by then so I'll keep it in mind is all I can say.

I've got a date!

With a plumber!

Cleaning my boiler room like I used to do my hair on a Saturday night.
Hoping he's impressed :)
And we'll hook up... to gas.

I do not hate being old. You still have the same excitement, just for different shit
Plumber FINALLY finished last night. Took about three hours over the space of a month and a half.

I spent last evening troubleshooting - and failing - to commission the combi-boiler (I wanted to do this and not have the plumber do it, I'm weird)
Took the day off thinking about it, went at it again tonight
Swapped out the pressure relief valve and it all works!

At this hour of the fucking night, I have fucking HOT WATER and I DID IT ALL!! (except the gas)

200.gif

Plumber FINALLY finished last night. Took about three hours over the space of a month and a half.

I spent last evening troubleshooting - and failing - to commission the combi-boiler (I wanted to do this and not have the plumber do it, I'm weird)
Took the day off thinking about it, went at it again tonight
Swapped out the pressure relief valve and it all works!

At this hour of the fucking night, I have fucking HOT WATER and I DID IT ALL!! (except the gas)

200.gif
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back