What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

I saw the BFG on Sunday. Pretty good, although the Britishness is all very Hollywood. A wonderfully well established fart joke towards the end is probably Spielberg's finest work.

Captain Fantastic. Ok. Started off fine then descended into sentimental indie garbage. Viggo's good though. Wasn't expecting his mickey to make an appearance either.
yeah, saw that recently, it really has the most predictable and safe of endings doesn't it?
"but then they moved to a massive big house in the country that they could afford because they were secretly rich white people only pretending to be poor and lived happily ever after"

yeah, saw that recently, it really has the most predictable and safe of endings doesn't it?
"but then they moved to a massive big house in the country that they could afford because they were secretly rich white people only pretending to be poor and lived happily ever after"
Yeah I hate that shit. Stupid indie films about affluent white americans

Don' Breathe

Decent horror thriller about a trio of young housebreakers who make the mistake of breaking into a visually impaired army vets house. Tense and atmospheric.

Young Offenders - the thing about 2 Cork teenagers making a cycling trip to try and retrieve a bag of cocaine on a get rich quick venture. Quite entertaining, bit of a made for TV feel about it which is forgivable given the small budget. There's a sort of Dumb & Dumber slapstick silliness to their trip to the coast which clashes with the grimness of how their home situations (and those they encounter) are depicted, I kind of wish they'd dropped the narration and overly jaunty music and let the comedy factor rest on the naturalistic back-and-forth between the 2 lads and the mother which was quite funny.

watched sin city 2 at the weekend, which wasn't much cop at all. haven't seen the first one in a long time, but the background cgi in this looked a lot cheaper, none of the stories were a patch on the clive owen one from the first. the lack of substance or subtlety was about on par with a tom and jerry cartoon, which makes sense as i enjoyed the second half a lot more watching it on monday morning with a coffee as opposed to the first half on sunday night. also eva green is topless for 70% of the film.

Monday night scary film choice was Kill-List. Really liked this. The use of
snuff films
as a plot driver feels a bit tired at this stage, but then this film is 5 years old. Short, sharp film making.

Amanda Knox: the Netflix documentary. Good overview of the court case, I can definitely see how she was found guilty initially, she came across as an unremorseful oddball. That Daily Mail journalist, what a dick.
She doesn't have anything to be remorseful, though. She was shafted by the cops, particularly that catholic mentaller.

What was his name? Nick Pisa? Fuckin reprehensible cunt altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back