Using Bad language around kids (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Shouldn't really be done should it? I always have user's remorse at the slightest utterance of even a "shit". It just seems so inappropriate.

I was on the bus last week and couldn't get over the language a mother (I assume) was using to her kid (aged about 3). The little one was talking non stop about stuff outside and the mother said "will you fuckin shut up ye bitch, you're wreckin my head).
:eek::eek:

And then in Spar yesterday, an older man (maybe a grandad), was holding a kid's hand and telling him "to fuckin shut up".

What the hell is wrong with these people? :(

That's how their parents spoke to them :confused:

But really, it's bad enough when adults use bad language around kids, but to actually swear at them, and call them names, the mind boggles. There should be some kind of humiliating punishment meted out for that kind of thing.

Swear at your kid? Have to walk naked around your neighbourhood for a day, painted bright yellow with 'dickhead' written all over you in black permanent marker.

Actually, that's not harsh enough really.

I hate seeing stuff like that! One example I remember was a woman screaming in her three year old's face to "shut the f*** up!!!". Imagine how messed up them kids are going to be!

I also don't think the radio DJs should be cursing on the morning shows while the kids are at their breakfasts. Obviously parents screaming in their sprog's face is worse though.

i saw too rotten bitches out side the national gallery recently, both with toddlers in prams. one of them was trying to get a jacket on the child and shouted harshly and aggressively at the the child to "put your fuckin hand in the fuckin sleeve will ya". then the other mother offered the shouting mother a smoke but she didnt have one as she had a joint. i thought to myself at the time that if the child was a dog i'd have taken it from her but as it was a child it had to fend for itself. the child didnt bat an eyelid at the mother so must think this is the right way to talk to people

ilac centre a few years ago, this dad standing with 4 kids outside dunnes stores... kids are going nuts, screaming and throwing stuff around.
one of the kids says "when can we go home"
the dad replies "WHEN YOUR PRICK OF A MA FINISHES HER FUCKING SHOPPING"

with all the examples above it's not the fact that an adult swore at the child thats the problem. If these people didn't swear the same anger and sentiment would still be there and thats what will leave the damage.

fuck 'em

Every day, all the fucking time. Never when i'm giving out to her though.

No incidents yet tough.I dont give really a shit what she says to people, as long as she gets her message across.

She turned around last week and told me she was 'ashamed of me'. I later found out that this was the Creche Lady's favourite phrase. I verbally throttled her in front of her staff over it the next day. That kind of stuff drives me nuts.

One of my first words was bollocks!My cousin let me watch the young ones while he was babysitting for my parents. Needless to say my parents were not impressed. Still fucking love the young ones tho.and my language is appaling.

That's how their parents spoke to them :confused:

But really, it's bad enough when adults use bad language around kids, but to actually swear at them, and call them names, the mind boggles. There should be some kind of humiliating punishment meted out for that kind of thing.

Swear at your kid? Have to walk naked around your neighbourhood for a day, painted bright yellow with 'dickhead' written all over you in black permanent marker.

Actually, that's not harsh enough really.

Yeah, it is so depressing to see this. Almost as bad as seeing the kids getting thumped. Cursing in general obviously isn't as bad, its cursing around other kids (not your own) that seems wrong and embarrassing. That said, my brother in Law's father (from Leitrim) is one of the nicest, gentlest men you could meet, and his language is appalling!

I don't have kids or anything...

My favourite was the woman threatening " I'll kick the fucking box off ya" to her toddler daughter

scum :mad:

kids getting thumped.

That makes me so angry. Violent behaviour towards children just teaches them that it's ok... so you get more violent adults in the world (if they actually make it to adulthood).

When I see someone lash out at their kid in public I really hate that there is nothing productive that I can do about it... and then, when I walk away, I start to wonder how much worse the children are treated in private.

My favourite was the woman threatening " I'll kick the fucking box off ya" to her toddler daughter
scum :mad:
:eek:

One of my first words was a curse word (apparently i wasnt getting any attention from my parents when looking for my bottle, a well placed fuck soon got their attention).
Although cursing was totally banned in my house.

I had many arguements with a guy I used to work with about letting his kids curse. They were 2 and 3 with mouths like sailors.
His arguement is that everyone dose it and that its a valid form of communication.
He didnt see anything wrong with cursing in front of them either.

I swear regularly in front of my neices and nephews, and their parents swear in front of them too. It's never directed at them and I've never heard any of them curse until they were teenagers. They know it's something adults do, like drinking and smoking and driving cars etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back