Using Bad language around kids (1 Viewer)

was standing out the back of the ilac centre one evening, on parnell street, about to head into the rotunda to see a mate whose missus had just had a kid, and there was some guy making a phone call at one of those open phone booths, while his kid was playing with some toy he'd probably just gotten with a burger king meal, singing the 'i love you' barney song. his dad turned around and shouted 'shut the fuck up or i'll ram that up your fucking hole' at him. then caught my eye, and gave me a vicious look.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,2135044,00.html

And then Joel cops on and has had enough: http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,2168074,00.html

I have occasionally sworn by accident in front of kids, but swearing *at* them is just not cool. I think the thing is to try not to make a huge deal out of it, like anything else that's really for adults-only -- as diddles pointed out, drinking, smoking, driving cars. If kids have clear boundaries and everyone respects those boundaries, letting slip the occasional 'fuckshit' in front of the nippers shouldn't cause them to become foulmouthed little deviants.

It's down to what emphasis you give the words, too.

Parents threatening kids is not cool.

I will say, though, that if you're actually attacked by a group of them and end up swearing at them, I hope that's not the same thing. If the kids from the school near me give me another bruised shoulder, I'm gonna call them little cunts all over again. It's not cool to randomly attack strangers on your way out of school. It's even less cool that the principal didn't give a shite.

his dad turned around and shouted 'shut the fuck up or i'll ram that up your fucking hole' at him. then caught my eye, and gave me a vicious look.
I dunno dudes. A kid making noise when you're on the phone is extremely frustrating, it often means you can't hear the other person. The above is just a fairly foul-mouthed way of saying "be quiet". It's not as if yer man was really going to stick a toy up his child's arse in public is it? Threats of violence that are never actually carried out are probably harmless enough

I was walking down Georges st. and this little 5 year old girl said to her mother "mam can I ger a jink?" and she snapped back at her "wha, je tink i'm fuckin pissin money?? shurrup yer wreckin me headt! fucksake! comom!" and dragged her on.

awful. but how I laughed. "pissin money".

was standing out the back of the ilac centre one evening, on parnell street, about to head into the rotunda to see a mate whose missus had just had a kid, and there was some guy making a phone call at one of those open phone booths, while his kid was playing with some toy he'd probably just gotten with a burger king meal, singing the 'i love you' barney song. his dad turned around and shouted 'shut the fuck up or i'll ram that up your fucking hole' at him. then caught my eye, and gave me a vicious look.

this shit is hilarious though. I mean it's awful really, but it's the kind of shit you expect from Colm Meaney.

my parents probably swore a good bit around me as a kid, rarely at me unless i was pissing in the garden again or something, and would only when really angry threaten any kinda violence. i don't really think it made that much of an impact on me. i dunno. when they threatened violence i knew they wouldn't actually hit me, but like, knew to shut the fuck up or whatever. don't think they made me swear any more than kids in school or whatever would have.
neither me nor either of my brothers swore around them at all till oddly recently n all!

there was this mad young ma being really really horrible to her kid on the bus a few weeks ago. she was calling him names for ages cos he was a wee bit over-excited, looking around loads and making faces and stuff, but then just stopped and ignored him for ages to the point that he looked really concerned as if he'd done something horribly wrong or some shit. then he got into good humour again, and she started being a cunt again and kept really coldly being horribly horribly cruel putting him down for waving at people in the bus beside us n all, telling him all the people on the bus probably think he's an idiot and ugggggh. kid was bout 4 like.

this shit is hilarious though. I mean it's awful really, but it's the kind of shit you expect from Colm Meaney.

I have it under good authority that the reason Meaney was kicked off the Enterprise, was because he called Worf's kid a "little bollix".

Arra, I’ve heard far worse things said to kids that didn’t have curse words in them.
Giving out to kids without cursing (Like “I’m ashamed of you”), that’s pure evil calculated shit, and the person saying it is probably up their own hole, but being mean without cursing is still being mean like. Fuck those cunts, hate them.

I don’t really curse around kids, I don’t avoid it either, it’s just something that doesn't really come up.

Two words:

Parenting Licence.

can%20of%20worms.jpg

I have it under good authority that the reason Meaney was kicked off the Enterprise, was because he called Worf's kid a "little bollix".

that episode where Keiko was reverted to the body of a child was amazing. Meaney was all "sarry wha?" when she showed up and, suffering with the obvious embarrassment of being married to a child, said "fuck this" and went back to work.

that episode where Keiko was reverted to the body of a child was amazing. Meaney was all "sarry wha?" when she showed up and, suffering with the obvious embarrassment of being married to a child, said "fuck this" and went back to work.

Embarrassment = Drunkenness.

I do my utmost not to swear in front of my kids. But y'know I'm going to ease it in. My parents never ever swore and the 2 or 3 times I've heard them swear it has just been too weird. I don't want the kids thinking I don't ever swear.

Imagine how messed up them kids are going to be!

I'm not so sure about that. We used to get strings of abuse all the time (though not in public), stuff like "shut the fuck up you useless bastard'n' cunt fuckin bollix ya. CUNT!"- literally. followed by a nice "don't cry or i'll give ya something to cry about". One startling sentence was uttered to my older brother when he was about 18. "what kind of a man are ya?...you won't even take a beating off your own father".

I don't talk like this. We're all pretty much okay. I consider my childhood a happy one.

someone;That makes me so angry. Violent behaviour towards children just teaches them that it's ok... so you get more violent adults in the world (if they actually make it to adulthood). [/QUOTE said:
Again...not neccessarily.

One thing I got from the above was a sorta difficult relationship with my parents (but doesn't everyone), but nor have I ever been an "i hate you mum and dad..." type. I don't hate them at all. and we're all pretty happy...but we all certainly have some kind of ...difficulties/darkness (but doesn't everyone).

On the flip-side, the language the kids at my school use is appauling. They think nothing of shouting abuse at each other across the classroom, corridor, playground, regardless of their being staff there or not. I do a fair amount of swearing in my own time but if I'm not allowed to do it in front of them then I don't see why I should have to put up with it from them. And that's not even the pricks that will swear directly at me!!

ARSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back