Would you stay at home with your kids? (3 Viewers)

Crap.
Breast milk is free.
Child eating our food = no money on babyfood
Clothes = you get a hell of a lot as presents

Bullshit. Cribs, prams, nappies, clothes (do people give you presents until they leave the house?) health care, childcare, books for school, etc.... you are paying for another entire person for 18+ years. I can barely afford to feed myself, let alone another. Kids are expensive. Even for the basics.

Bullshit. Cribs, prams, nappies, clothes (do people give you presents until they leave the house?) health care, childcare, books for school, etc.... you are paying for another entire person for 18+ years. I can barely afford to feed myself, let alone another. Kids are expensive. Even for the basics.
No-one's saying they don't cost anything. They don't cost as much as people make out, is all - not near as expensive as a vinyl habit or being in a band, for instance

or fancy shoes, fancy shoes are fucking exspensive...

I wish I knew so much about having kids without ever having kids way back when, then I could be going around telling people with kids stuff they don't know about having kids, that'd be a pretty cool thing to do

I wish I knew so much about having kids without ever having kids way back when, then I could be going around telling people with kids stuff they don't know about having kids, that'd be a pretty cool thing to do

I was thinking the same thing and I don't even have kids

or fancy shoes, fancy shoes are fucking exspensive...

Well having friends and siblings who do and struggle, I think it's just as ridiculous for anyone WITH kids to tell someone or claim haphazardly that they're not. They're an added expense, point blank. I suppose the degree depends your own wealth is what makes it debatable. You'll find no fancy shoes in my closet.

They're an added expense, point blank. I suppose the degree depends your own wealth is what makes it debatable. You'll find no fancy shoes in my closet.

I suppose the exspensive of raising children is relative to the feelings of love and the undestanding of humanity your recieve back in return and how much you value that

*SHRUG*

A statement was made by a parent in this thread that it was impossible to mind a child and work at home. The statement was made by a parent. Yet I know parents who do just that... so it is not impossible.

If Hayworth believes she can't afford a child then I'm sure she probably knows more about that than any of the rest of us. For a start, she would probably have to move as housemates don't particularly want to share with children, and I guess her rent would greatly increase as the child would need its own room.

Screaming 'you don't have kids so you don't know' seems a bit unfair. Maybe it is possible to learn something about these issues from the experiences of others?

But you are calling bullshit on the parents on here. It's ridiculous.

I was only debating the fact that someone said they weren't expensive. Clearly that is a debatable issue someone (even without kids) could have and have an opinion on. It's not like I am telling them HOW to raise them. Yes, that would be ridiculous but claiming they are not a huge added expense? Come on. That surely depends on your income and wealth.

Screaming 'you don't have kids so you don't know' seems a bit unfair. Maybe it is possible to learn something about these issues from the experiences of others?

I don't think anyone's screaming anything, I think that's in your head

but it is sort of funny how two people with no kids are disagreeing with five or six people who actually have kids...

*SHRUG*

I don't think anyone's screaming anything, I think that's in your head

but it is sort of funny how two people with no kids are disagreeing with five or six people who actually have kids...

*SHRUG*

You're right, I've no right to form any opinion on the subject, or to comment on the experiences of friends and family.

I'll come back when I have children of my own, actually no, I'll probably be over at Magicmum instead. Ah well. :p

I was only debating the fact that someone said they weren't expensive. Clearly that is a debatable issue someone (even without kids) could have and have an opinion on.

Sorry, I still dissagree.
Without first hand knowledge who are you to say?
I'm not a parent and until I am, I'll keep my opinions to myself, otherwise, it's just pure speculation.

As soon as I have kids they're off to some hotshot Madison avenue outfit for use in ads. My kids are going to make me money or starve. That'll learn 'em.

A statement was made by a parent in this thread that it was impossible to mind a child and work at home. The statement was made by a parent. Yet I know parents who do just that... so it is not impossible.

i am still boggling at this, tbh (that you know people who can do it). it just strikes me as a recipe for either doing a shit job at your work or (cruel though it is to say it) not paying much attention to your child.

i know a couple of people who work from home, and they have childcare some or all of the time. they have to. you can't do conference calls, work on tasks that require sustained concentration, do a big push for a deadline, etc. if you're regularly being interrupted by a small person's needs. unsurprisingly, the concept that "mammy can't be disturbed" doesn't really sink in when you're two.

Sorry, I still dissagree.
Without first hand knowledge who are you to say?
I'm not a parent and until I am, I'll keep my opinions to myself, otherwise, it's just pure speculation.

Simple sums really.
I can barely afford myself.
I have to feed another person.
I need to house another person.
I need to clothe another person.
I need to provided for another persons future.

Now are you saying, I can't have an option on what that would do to my monthly income? It's debatable because it depends on the persons financial situation not whether they've had a child. Yes, I realize kids add to your life in other ways, I don't doubt or discredit that notion. I was only calling bullshit on the off the cuff, "kids are not expensive..."

Mind you I don't think anyone is screaming at me nor am I screaming at them.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back