Would you stay at home with your kids? (1 Viewer)

if i had them i would. my type of job allows me to work from home.

You can't work from home and mind kids at the same time, broken arm! It simply can't be done.

okay, maybe I should re-phrase - those of you who have kids (billy and aoboa) do you stay at home during the day and mind them? And if not, why not?

You can't work from home and mind kids at the same time, broken arm! It simply can't be done.

I suppose, depending on the work. I have heard of people doing it.

can't you just put them into a little box under the stairs for the day.

they don't scare me with their college educations and their hobnail boots. elaborate

Pretty much every woman in the country over 50. Our generation are shamefully lazy and selfish by comparison. My sister and her husband have 2 kids and my sister stays home, she has my mother mind the children for at least 4 hours a day so she can have some time for herself. My mother also does their laundry and they eat all their meals with my parents.

Mum also manages to maintain her own household, keep an amazing vegetable garden, make jam and preserves, make wine, bake, collect and cut firewood for both households and still find the occasional half hour to herself.

Most of us could do our full-time office job in a few hours a day. Pre-school children generally take naps during the day.

Pretty much every woman in the country over 50. Our generation are shamefully lazy and selfish by comparison. My sister and her husband have 2 kids and my sister stays home, she has my mother mind the children for at least 4 hours a day so she can have some time for herself. My mother also does their laundry and they eat all their meals with my parents.

Mum also manages to maintain her own household, keep an amazing vegetable garden, make jam and preserves, make wine, bake, collect and cut firewood for both households and still find the occasional half hour to herself.

Most of us could do our full-time office job in a few hours a day. Pre-school children generally take naps during the day.

Okay, so does your sister have a job job? And if so, does she do it while minding babies? That's my point. It can't be done. She's very lucky to have your mother. But does your mother do all that stuff while minding babies, or is it while your sister or her husband - or you - is minding them?

Lots of people fall back on extended family, sure. That's not my point.

children don't take eight-hour naps

no woman over 50 (or at least very, very few) has small kids. And when they were younger, and did have kids, they didn't work in jobs. They worked all right--minding kids--but not in jobs.

that is complete bullshit

You think? There may be a few exceptions, but a lot of the people I know with children treat them as accessories.

Okay, so does your sister have a job job? And if so, does she do it while minding babies? That's my point. It can't be done. She's very lucky to have your mother. But does your mother do all that stuff while minding babies, or is it while your sister or her husband - or you - is minding them?

Lots of people fall back on extended family, sure. That's not my point.

No, my sister doesn't have a job. And my mother does all that stuff while minding my sister's babies... and did it while minding 4 or her own with no help from anyone. It can be done. My mother did it as did most of my friends' parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back