cycling & driving: THE FEAR (1 Viewer)

There was a bridge on the military road that you could do at about 45, if you were totally committed, and there was nothing else around.
talking of cycling and military road - i see they've closed the military road in the phoenix park to cars, between the two tight bends. makes for a more pleasant cycle.

Some poor cyclist was creamed out of it on the North Strand this morning when I was on my way to work. Half the road was closed off and the emergency services were on the scene. Can't figure out what could have happened though. There was no junction where the accident was, and theres a cycle/bus lane there. Either way, I hope I hear no more about this. That way I'll know they're ok.

Cycling surely is dangerous in this city.

Hope hes alright

My drive to and form work is down twisty country back roads

the other day I came round a corner to find a cyclist in the middle of the road , riding no hands style, while texting his mate

asshole

I had to break some traffic lights this morning because I was late for work. I tried to use a little cop on, but that's no excuse.

I feel dirty and ashamed.

I had to break some traffic lights this morning because I was late for work. I tried to use a little cop on, but that's no excuse.

I feel dirty and ashamed.

ah don't. I break lights all the time. Lights often don't make sense for cyclists. They're mostly for cars. Just do it sensibly. Like I always break lights when I know that getting a head start on the cars works in my favour, like when the road is narrow or whatever.

Like you say. Its all about cop on.

When I was young I'd cut across two or three lanes of road to keep on the steepest incline, so I could go "deadly fast". straight through junctions, footpaths, all that. No one cared. It was fuckin' maniacal. Why didn't anyone stop me?

i saw a young lad do a wheelie through a red light across the junction at summerhill at the end of parnell street there a while back. mad fucker. i was kinda impressed though.

Dublin to launch free bike scheme

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwojaukfgb/

if i die while using one of these, do i get to sue the council?

I read something in a magazine about these scheme's. Sound like a bad idea. Heavy clunker's of bike's with poor maintenence schedule's and no gears will not really encourage people to ride bikes was the basic gist of it. If that's the case I'd probably agree.
Also,is it that scheme that was talked about a while back where some company supplies bikes in return for advertising space around town?

Also,is it that scheme that was talked about a while back where some company supplies bikes in return for advertising space around town?
yes; and DCC are refusing to reveal the details, including why some other european cities got five times as many bikes per advertising hoarding than dublin did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back