Crap 80s Cartoons (2 Viewers)

Are you sure that wasn't some arty film, not for kids? I don't remember anything like that.

I do however remember a video that me and my sister loved watching that had different stories on it and one was a pretty depressing one about two little brother bears who lived in the land of milk and honey. But it wasn't good enough for them so they went travelling, but travelling was hard and eventually they end up in this beautiful ice world. But there's nothing to eat there so they start fighting the their figthing breaks all the ice. I think it ends with them walking sadly away into a white nothingness.

Oh man.

Another bad one was grannies plonking you down in front of the telly and saying "here's a cartoon for you" and it being Animal Farm/Watership Down.
:eek:

No it was real, found it on tv.cream.org, and it must truly have been the most upsetting thing ever shown in the name of children's TV!

tottie.jpg

"
A LATE entry in the POSTGATE/FIRMIN oeuvre, based on the novels by Rumer Godden, and recalled by JILL PHYTHIAN: "It was altogether rather bizarre - as you might expect from its subtitle, it was somewhat Ibsen-esque. Like BAGPUSS (qv), it featured a group of toys who came to life when their owners, Charlotte and Emily Dane, weren't around. Tottie was a doll, who lived happily in a doll's house with three other dolls, whom she considered her family. However, evil arrived in the form of a porcelain doll called Marchpane, who was entirely self-centred. Instead of joining in the Tottie family's love fest (they called themselves the Plantagenets), Marchpane plotted their downfall in order to gain more quality time with the owners. Said plotting culminated in the death by fire of Birdie, one of Tottie's family, who Marchpane knew was made of plastic, and would melt. An air of morbidity then fell upon the Tottie family, and I stopped watching because it was all getting too gothic and scary.The plot did come to a conclusion, with the Plantagenets living (fairly) happily ever after, and Marchpane getting her comeuppance."

Wah! That's horrible! And I think I remember it now. What were those people thinking? Were they all reading Struwwelpeter or something? *shudder*

Anyway, back to the crapfest. I remembered another terrible one - The Bluffers. They were a bunch of talking animals including squirrels, rabbits and owl that I can remember. They all lived in a tree in a big forest and I can't remember what they got up to except that a couple of miles away there was a mean man living in a big house and his sole ambition in life was to have the forest cut down and whole world covered in concrete and tarmac. These ecological cartoons weren't much use were they?

I think that used to be on DJ Kat. Don't get me started on him. He introduced me to most of the really bad cartoons I remember.

Mrs. Pepper Pot is another. Ugh.

Fuck... I remember that Marchpane one alright.
She was the pretty looking doll, therefore she was evil.
And the others were more down to earth with their grey clothes and shit, therefore were good.

I remember not caring a lot about the fates of any of them.

Marchpane. What a name.
Billy Gannon should call his child Marchpane, regardless of gender.

No it was real, found it on tv.cream.org, and it must truly have been the most upsetting thing ever shown in the name of children's TV!

tottie.jpg

"
A LATE entry in the POSTGATE/FIRMIN oeuvre, based on the novels by Rumer Godden, and recalled by JILL PHYTHIAN: "It was altogether rather bizarre - as you might expect from its subtitle, it was somewhat Ibsen-esque. Like BAGPUSS (qv), it featured a group of toys who came to life when their owners, Charlotte and Emily Dane, weren't around. Tottie was a doll, who lived happily in a doll's house with three other dolls, whom she considered her family. However, evil arrived in the form of a porcelain doll called Marchpane, who was entirely self-centred. Instead of joining in the Tottie family's love fest (they called themselves the Plantagenets), Marchpane plotted their downfall in order to gain more quality time with the owners. Said plotting culminated in the death by fire of Birdie, one of Tottie's family, who Marchpane knew was made of plastic, and would melt. An air of morbidity then fell upon the Tottie family, and I stopped watching because it was all getting too gothic and scary.The plot did come to a conclusion, with the Plantagenets living (fairly) happily ever after, and Marchpane getting her comeuppance."

FUCK FUCK FUCK I remember this, the fire scene especially. Thanks for rekindling years of nightmares. That programme was mental.

Anybody watch the Pacman cartoon on Wacaday?

I used to like it, but can't for the life of me remember what sort of plot lines they had...

pac-man_small.jpg

Nah, that black haired one was his burd.

Anyway, what's not to love about Skeletor? Hunky, always laughing, owns his own castle.

Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos.
Obscure?Yes.
Hilarious?Very much so.
There's a set of five floating around the interweb somewhere.

Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos is an American animated television series from the 1980s. It originally aired in 1986 as a syndicated five episode mini-series. It was created by and starred Chuck Norris as himself, and produced by Ruby-Spears Productions. This fictionalized version of Norris is a United States government operative with a team of "radically diverse" warriors. The team includes Pepper, a technology expert and mechanic; Reed, Chuck's young apprentice and Pepper's brother; Kimo, a samurai; Tabe, a sumo champion; and Too Much, a young ward. Together, they fight against The Claw and his right-hand man, Super Ninja.
The series follows the framing device of Mr. T's animated series ( also a Ruby-Spears production): At the beginning of each episode, a live action segment with Norris, usually at a Gym or Martial Arts Studio, is shown to explain what is going on. At the end of each episode, Norris narrates a moral lesson for the audience to learn.

shit has to be seen to be believed.

Nah, that black haired one was his burd.

Anyway, what's not to love about Skeletor? Hunky, always laughing, owns his own castle.

yeah he was a bit of a hunk

although, he was always laughing at someone else's misfortune wasn't he?
rather than being funny himself

that wasn't his castle either, i think he was renting it off that eagle lady

yeah he was a bit of a hunk

although, he was always laughing at someone else's misfortune wasn't he?
rather than being funny himself

that wasn't his castle either, i think he was renting it off that eagle lady

Yeah, you're right. I've gone off him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back