Crap 80s Cartoons (1 Viewer)

murun buchstansangur on channel 4. what was that all about?

murunbuch-2.jpg

Same thing happened to me. I fancied Spartakus but confused him with someone from Cities of Gold. When I looked up the latter recently they were all hideous in it and I questioned my taste in cartoon men.

I would have lashed it into that Incan chick out of the cities of Gold though.
Hawt stuff altogether.

And fuck The Smoggies. Seriously. Pricks doesn't begin to cover it.

Edit: here she is. My God. Sticky Tummy dream central.

mcog.jpg

That's funny actually. The dolls all had their problems, like there was the forgetful, ditzy one, the one with the stutter and sad sack. And the French guy was...French.

see they were just like people..

in fact i believe one of the lines of the theme was:

dolls like you and me..

cos everyone has their problems see?

Here, does anyone remember Bagpuss?

That was some whacked out shit right there. There was that wooden bird, who was only just this side of the scariest thing since Fr Brendan Smith. And there was a wrecked pink cat, who was obviously stoned beyond recovery.

There's not nearly enough stoned stuffed animals on children's TV these days.

edit, look at him, blasted.

09bagpuss_yaffle.jpg

(I think this "Brian Coniffe" character is based on Bagpuss by the way.)

Here's the greatest theme tune to a cartoon ever !!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

might be borderline late 80's early 90's but good fuck how shit was this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i was at a party ages ago and someone put that on around 6 in the morning. needless to say we're no longer friends.

might be borderline late 80's early 90's but good fuck how shit was this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTBFoLmzYMM

i was at a party ages ago and someone put that on around 6 in the morning. needless to say we're no longer friends.

DADADA DADADA

They're always ready to fight.
Or.
To.
Sing.

DADADA DADADA
DADADA DADADA
DADADA DADADA

What this song needs is to be slightly more happy.

And that Synth solo "ooohhhh sha sha" bit at the end needs to go on a bit longer.

Here , does anyone remember a cartoon about a cat ( I had it on video so I don't know when it was ever on TV ) and he used to have weird dydreams about massive ice-creams and that, and there was one with a scary robot, and the title sequence culminated in him on a ladder painting his name with a tin of stripy paint.

Help me. This has been killing me since I was about ten and no-ones ever been able to name it.

Those Bagpuss/Clanger things that used to come on BBC are rooted somewhere really deep in my cortex since I was a toddler, when i first came across them again a weird door opened, bit like that dude eating his madeleine cake..anyway produced from the same stable as the Clangers and Bagpuss was another live action puppet thing about a doll's house, this show dealt with some dark themes and as far as I remember an evil doll killed a good doll in a fire and left a baby doll mangled..does anyone else remember seeing this as a child?

Those Bagpuss/Clanger things that used to come on BBC are rooted somewhere really deep in my cortex since I was a toddler, when i first came across them again a weird door opened, bit like that dude eating his madeleine cake..anyway produced from the same stable as the Clangers and Bagpuss was another live action puppet thing about a doll's house, this show dealt with some dark themes and as far as I remember an evil doll killed a good doll in a fire and left a baby doll mangled..does anyone else remember seeing this as a child?

Are you sure that wasn't some arty film, not for kids? I don't remember anything like that.

I do however remember a video that me and my sister loved watching that had different stories on it and one was a pretty depressing one about two little brother bears who lived in the land of milk and honey. But it wasn't good enough for them so they went travelling, but travelling was hard and eventually they end up in this beautiful ice world. But there's nothing to eat there so they start fighting the their figthing breaks all the ice. I think it ends with them walking sadly away into a white nothingness.

Oh man.

Another bad one was grannies plonking you down in front of the telly and saying "here's a cartoon for you" and it being Animal Farm/Watership Down.
:eek:

Right dudes...

This is straying slightly off topic but all this "does anyone remember?" buzz has awakened something in my brain. So here it is...

Does anyone remember this?

An animated thing of some kind (I remember it as a feature length) that was knocking around probably 1990-ish with an elf/barbarian type guy on some kind of a rescue/possible damsel in distress type mission meeting with some allies who I can't quite conjur well enough to describe.

It might be crap but I remember I saw it from about halfway through and it totally stuck with me. I never heard of it or saw it again ever. It was on sky movies I think during the day/evening when those free trial type deals were on the go.

It was really dark. The emenies had technology on their side (machine guns) and the good guys had swords etc. There was blood and death. At the end the main character was approaching some sort of barbed wired, muddied mound/battle trench and the whole sky was suddenly illuminated (i think) with actual footage of Nazis and Hitler and war and nastiness and the characters all got very freaked out. So did I. I believe the main character may have died at the end.

Very vague memories. I used to look out for it all the time. I would have expected to have come accross it sooner or later.

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back