Hows your summer shaping up? (1 Viewer)

North of spain, wouln't be *too* hot (would be pretty hot). Think ryanair flies into the region. Week long festival...

Christ, i might go myself actually.

great so far. weather looks promising. just back from cape clear which was deadly. saw loads of goats. ate some goat ice cream. starting to play loads of music again. primavera sound in a month, followed by two weeks shamming around on people's couches in españa. followed hopefully by some camping around kerry, a visit to the skelligs and maybe up to donegal and tory island. woo!

hey lad will give ya a few pointers on tory, but watch out for those pesky hellicopters ;)
am i the only not going to Primavera?? but i am going to a festival in Devon the following week and staying above a boozer, lock in anyone??
Possibly off to Oslo at the end of summer too, another festival. Camping around Ireland at some stage, hopefully west Cork and maybe somewhere else. Going away with the misses for first 2 weeks of September, somewhere hot. 3 ideas going so far, possibly 1 week Lake Garda +1 week Croatia, or 2 weeks Croatia mixture of camping and self catering, or Bulgaria with a trip to Istanbul for 3 nights before heading home.

Not so amazing so far - supposed to go to Felix Lajko in London this evening but have to stay in and finish writing a paper instead...

Things should pick up though: on Wednesday I'm going to Brittany/Paris to eat for a week, will be in Prague for a conference in June, Graz for a wedding + detour to Slovenia in August, probably take another trip somewhere in September.

maybe our respective other halves should go on holiday together. sounds like they'd get on great with their heat-enduring ways (fuckers)

P.S. ernesto went to baltimore, msbhaven went to skib, flashback went to sherkin and plug went to cape.. WHAT IS UP WITH YOU FUCKERS HOLIDAYING DOWN HERE AND NOT TELLING ME?
why would you leave west cork ever?!!

P.S. ernesto went to baltimore, msbhaven went to skib, flashback went to sherkin and plug went to cape.. WHAT IS UP WITH YOU FUCKERS HOLIDAYING DOWN HERE AND NOT TELLING ME?
oops! sorry... where do you live, baltimore?

mickey! you not going to ps07? i thought you were. aw...

flashback! sounds amazing.. didn't have time to hop onto sherkin unfortunately but I did see jeremy irons' er, house from mount gabriel (that mountain outside schull) on saturday. is it actually on sherkin, or does he get a boat to the pub? I love the idea of living on cape clear or somewhere similarly remote for a little while, sometime in the future. dreams.. for how long did you live in a cowshed?

haha. I love babelfish translations:

"The tomato which we sent in the tomatina, not this green one, this mature but nonpast, of this form is facil to squash it before sending it, so that if we sent it before squashing it, podriamos to make damage to some person. Although porqueria seems one, when people smear themselves of tomato, of some form this cleaning her skin of impurities, since she is acido and clean disinfecting. The streets of the town, that are of paving stone, are left despues of the tomatina unpollluted, since during the year they are like in all the places, and one you see the passage of the tomatina, the paving stone it is whitened, it has been cleaned with "tomatina", it disinfects and clean thorough all the surfaces."

I see...

flashback! sounds amazing.. didn't have time to hop onto sherkin unfortunately but I did see jeremy irons' er, house from mount gabriel (that mountain outside schull) on saturday. is it actually on sherkin, or does he get a boat to the pub? I love the idea of living on cape clear or somewhere similarly remote for a little while, sometime in the future. dreams.. for how long did you live in a cowshed?

Nah, he lives on Castle Island. Its just over from Sherkin, when I was there he had his castle gaff painted beige. 'sake. Anyway, I think he owns that Island, like the whole thing, so Sherkin has the nearest pub and he motors over in a little boat. The Jolly is right by a little harbour place.

I lived in the cow shed on Sherkin for... em, about 5 months. Not that long really I suppose. The first month took a long time, then I recalibrated my life, and the next four months ripped by. 8 months later I was sitting on a subway platform under Manhattan, black darkness, full of people, dirty.
Moving up in the world wha?

Me arse. Give me west cork back.

ah... sounds like an amazing experience. something I was thinking about a lot on the ferry ride home yesterday: how does one go about annexing their own island? I'd be willing to stand my ground and fight a pitched battle for my own island. with a pitchfork.

I wonder what the social welfare's view on going off to live on an island is?

oops! sorry... where do you live, baltimore?

mickey! you not going to ps07? i thought you were. aw...

yeah between baltimore and loch ine.
jeremy irons doesn't live on castle island, castle island is over by horse island and long island. he lives in a little outcrop/islet type thing joined to the mainland by a causeway at kilcoe. in an orange (not beige) castle. my parents have had him over for dinner a bit cos my da worked on the castle. nice guy.

jeremy irons doesn't live on castle island, castle island is over by horse island and long island. he lives in a little outcrop/islet type thing joined to the mainland by a causeway at kilcoe. in an orange (not beige) castle. my parents have had him over for dinner a bit cos my da worked on the castle. nice guy.

He's joined to the mainland? oh right. I thought he was on Castle Island there.

We were always moving around in a boat, so I suppose I got confused. Or something.

Anyway... it was bleeding beige righ? Redish beige maybe. But Beige. I am not backing down on that one.

my ex's friend lives on the hill behind is gaff. theyve a wonderful view of Jeremy iron's house and the scenery. aparently his gaf is painted with certain paint that retains a 'classic' look as it ages. fancy eh?

my ex's friend lives on the hill behind is gaff. theyve a wonderful view of Jeremy iron's house and the scenery. aparently his gaf is painted with certain paint that retains a 'classic' look as it ages. fancy eh?

It's beige though right?

I think supa dexta was out my neck of the woods there, and I think I said I would buy her a coffee and... I think... I am not sure now, but I think... I got dissed.

Check out the beigness:
kilcoe_after.jpg

Orange :
Orange.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back