The idea of "selling out" (2 Viewers)

What happens if you're in a band and one guy, say the man on lead guitar, says to you "I don't like that bass sound". And you do like that bass sound and you continue playing it. And the man on lead guitar says "its sounds shit. Nobody will like it", because the man on lead guitar wants this song to sell well.

Are you, technically, selling out if you then play the bass according to the way he wants it?

The band is a single entity innit.

Jesus%20-%20Shed%20Tear%20Over%20Earth-230.jpg

We played in Sin E and it was packed.

It was free in, so is that still selling out?

This is a joke yea?
It's just an idea is all. I'm not saying its my own point of view. However, it could be argued that you're hopping on the capitalist carousel once you put something out for public consumption; therefore you're implicated already. That's all.:) Lets not fight.
What about the laughter, Anthony
Does anyone remember the laughter?

Jesus, trust thumped to take a fairly simple concept like selling out and be all obtuse about it. The first post had a fairly good definition - if someone offered you loads of money to write a bunch of radio jingles. I couldn't do it, but i wouldn't do it either - i'd feel like a twat going on stupid telly programmes and fako corporate festivals playing a bunch of music i didn't believe in to a mass of people who buy one album a year and wear rugby shirts to gigs. I'm sure we can all relate to that without having to get all defensive and snooty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back