The idea of "selling out" (3 Viewers)

you've only "sold out" when you stop making your own music/art and start doing what the record companies financiers tell you to do in order to be profitable?

See The Last Temptation of Krust episode of the Simpsons if you dont believe me

you've only "sold out" when you stop making your own music/art and start doing what the record companies financiers tell you to do in order to be profitable?

See The Last Temptation of Krust episode of the Simpsons if you dont believe me

What happens if you're in a band and one guy, say the man on lead guitar, says to you "I don't like that bass sound". And you do like that bass sound and you continue playing it. And the man on lead guitar says "its sounds shit. Nobody will like it", because the man on lead guitar wants this song to sell well.

Are you, technically, selling out if you then play the bass according to the way he wants it?

What happens if you're in a band and one guy, say the man on lead guitar, says to you "I don't like that bass sound". And you do like that bass sound and you continue playing it. And the man on lead guitar says "its sounds shit. Nobody will like it", because the man on lead guitar wants this song to sell well.

Are you, technically, selling out if you then play the bass according to the way he wants it?

All poor old Kirk Hammet wanted was to play his solos.

Not sure you need the question mark there...but what about maintaining your own 'creative control' but accepting cash so your music can be used to sell washing powder or used in an episode of The O.C. 90210 during a scene where Kyle or Josh find a lump on their bollox-is this 'selling out' to The Man?

actually that's true. i take back that amen.

accepting cash so your music can be used to sell washing powder or used in an episode of The O.C. 90210 during a scene where Kyle or Josh find a lump on their bollox-is this 'selling out' to The Man?

Modest Mouse are such fucking sell outs man. I remember when Isaac Brock was still a sex offender.

Modest Mouse - stay out of punx!!!!

Originally Posted by billygannon

[/quote]

if your bass player is Richard Branson and youre signed to Virgin...

the money thing is the issue,not the quality of the music

if your bass player is Richard Branson and youre signed to Virgin...

the money thing is the issue,not the quality of the music

is there a limit on income before it becomes selling out?

or is it just when it starts to make other people rich?

Modest Mouse - stay out of punx!!!!

What about Lightning Bolt working with Bjork?!?
Doin' it for the kids, my ar$e!
Actually I'm looking forward to hearing this. Hopefully it will sound like a bag of kittens being sucked into a jet-engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back