Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (1 Viewer)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
Name all of these people?
I slag off what I think is crap....it's a forum boo-hoo for having an opinion.
I did slag off Weeler but c'mon hip hop, maybe I take my Punk too seriously these days but when I see Hip Hop being promoted on a Punk/HC forum I worry :eek:

and to Direct hit as I said earlier yes we were blinkered out in the suburbs as to a diy scene, all I ended up going to were the gigs I actually seen advertised
Ramones in Cabra in 84, Skids too, SFX gigs, Stranglers on the Raven tour.......I woulda jumped at the chance for DIY gigs......today my fav gigs by far are in Bohs/Lower Deck ie small diy gigs.

I just get the impression at times that it's trendy to say Punk sucks etc and it's so 1977, like luvvies at an art show or summit :D
i'm not naming all of the people you've been a dick to on here, i was planning to go home sometime tonight.
no-one ever said punk sucks, it's you that attacks people for listening to anything else. most of the people i know on here like 77 punk, we're just capable of talking about other things as well.

hohoho more of Nooly's "wit"

Do I diss hardcore? NO only band I said politely I never liked were denov...but I never said they shouldn't be on this forum cos it is hc as well as punk.

I mean where does it end?.......what would happen if someone started promoting boybands? you can hardly say anything if u are quite content with hip hop.

well the thing about punk, regardless of style, is that you are doing something to keep it alive at present. that's what punk is all about, the past is the past. no point some patting themselves on the back due to something they did in the past and not doing nothing now. and no, this is not directed at any one at all. punk is what you make it and how fresh and interesting that is , well depends on the people.
keep hold of that wooden psan janer, the more punk in your recipe the better.

And to say I am narrow minded by just liking Punk....I have being to numerous HC gigs. As long as it's fast and Bulmers on tap I'm willing to give it a go.

well the thing about punk, regardless of style, is that you are doing something to keep it alive at present. that's what punk is all about, the past is the past. no point some patting themselves on the back due to something they did in the past and not doing nothing now. and no, this is not directed at any one at all. punk is what you make it and how fresh and interesting that is , well depends on the people.
keep hold of that wooden psan janer, the more punk in your recipe the better.
Another thing is everyone keeps saying how I need to move away from old school punk, my fav punk IS 90's and 21st century, I have a massive collection and why I like the later Punk? cos it's even faster and gruff......

phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbbth.
boybands aren't DIY. independent hip hop is. it's not rocket science.
Like certain hip hop u can get diy boybands lol
Every type of music has it's own certain diy scene.....the boybands u alude too would be the tv stuff I would imagine :rolleyes:

in ur opinion, are u saying that there are no bands playing some poppy type stuff ie a boyband who will not be playing some place??
Not all boybands are lucky enough to be "manufactured" admitaddly they would love to have a simon cowell behind them ;)
I am just using them as an example....maybe I shoulda said Country and Western or Emo or tribute bands!!!!

I heard this place was punk, far from it seems, and the people in it. Why do you hang out here janer i dunno.

in ur opinion, are u saying that there are no bands playing some poppy type stuff ie a boyband who will not be playing some place??
Not all boybands are lucky enough to be "manufactured" admitaddly they would love to have a simon cowell behind them ;)
I am just using them as an example....maybe I shoulda said Country and Western or Emo or tribute bands!!!!

missingthepoint.png

U You quite like that .jpg don't you Nooly, Is that the 2nd or 3rd time u have used it?
This is your opinion again of course I take it?

hmmmmmm, what the fuck.

janer likes punk, this is a punk site. doh, fuck you don't even need to be able to add 1 plus 1 to understand that.

i personally listen to more 80's stuff, that's what i dig more. but i try to keep up with what's currently happening, by buying records of new bands and things like that. i'd rather listen to this stuff than any hip hop, metalcore, screamometal, blah, blah, for one reason only. because i like it and that's what's good enough for me.

hmmmmmm, what the fuck.

i personally listen to more 80's stuff, that's what i dig more.
ya but because I never discovered the diy scene I listened to the same bloody vinyl for nigh on 20 years!! although being listening to alot of AFPI and RP lately again.

well luckily i did man and i still got a mixed a varied bunch of h/c, punk, crust, d-beat, sXe, fastcore, anarchopunk etc etc etc. i don't actually need to listen to stuff outside of the scene if i didn't want to, but i do sometimes, but in the 80's there were so many bands under the h/cpunk unbrella that sounded nothing like eachother but you knew they were whatever, but then again there were hundreds of generic bands too (i also like that too). personally i like very little 70's punk (well apart from early black flag, crass etc, most of it bores me)

well luckily i did man and i still got a mixed a varied bunch of h/c, punk, crust, d-beat, sXe, fastcore, anarchopunk etc etc etc. i don't actually need to listen to stuff outside of the scene if i didn't want to, but i do sometimes, but in the 80's there were so many bands under the h/cpunk unbrella that sounded nothing like eachother but you knew they were whatever, but then again there were hundreds of generic bands too (i also like that too). personally i like very little 70's punk (well apart from early black flag, crass etc, most of it bores me)
I have a very rare early Discharge demo from '77 and they are not d-beat sounding in the slightest. it's quite good in a diff Punk kinda way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back