Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (2 Viewers)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
I'm kinda lost on this thread to be honest.

So Janer, what age age are you? I think I'm missing something.

When I got into diy punk I was 16, this was the early 80's, when I think about it I was quite old enough. Before this, I knew about all the usual 70's bands - my older brother was into them, but they held no interest for me. But I got into small diy punk bands in 1984 and that's what I'm into nearly 23 years later. Plus, I live in a small town, in the backend of shit nowheresville. No internet or nothing like that. I bought one diy punk fanzine in 1984, if was full of address of bands, zines, tape traders - I wrote to them all and as the say the rest is history. If you're given at least one lead to an alternative out there then you lsearch like what I did.

Oh and another thing, Jawbreaker an emo band? Give me a fucking break, no they were not. They were a a tuneful melodic punk band who liked singing about girls, amongst other things.

Also, while I'm at it. Fuck the bling, bling loving sesxist hip hop wank crap.

hip hop doesn't mean bling bling loving sexist crap, the same way punk doesn't mean good charlotte and blink 182.

jANER needs one of these:

B00000297O.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54149401_.jpg

that's a fucking great record.

off course it doesn't. i know that, but what i was saying is that i don't want that bling, bling sexist wank hip hop crap.
give me good politically aware, anit major label hip hop and i'm your man.

I'm kinda on Janers side on this one. But I also take everyone else's side on many of the other points. It possibly could have been an interesting discussion as to why there is so much variety in the dublin/irish scene. It could have been interesting to hear more(I know some people mentioned how) people's stories as to how they got into punk,especially pre internet. It also could have been where people talked about where they saw the scene potentially headed.
Instead it almost seems like pick on Janer time.
I don't agree with a lot of Janer's opinions but they are his opinions. He talks about the punk he likes and would like to talk about with other likeminded people. Maybe,that's what he hopes for from threads like this?
I know there seems to be very little interest in the type of punk/hardcore I like around here because most of the bands never get a mention,or when they dop they get slagged off. That's fine,i can talk about that stuff elsewhere.
But the other side of the argument is that yes,if you don't see what you want to,do something about it. As mentioned a gig/zine/band etc. Also,I found out about gigs in dublin in the late 90's(just,although I don't think I made it to any for a while) and definately early 90's as I frequently came down and made friends and stayed at their houses then. And I lived in belfast.
I started going to punk/hardcore gigs when I was 14/15. Saw the infamous Pink Turds/Killercrust +more gig in the old museum building in belfast,and when I was 15 travelled to Edinburgh to see the Stupids. I luckily had relatives there.
I remember just walking up to people in the street in belfast who looked like they were into the same music as I was and starting to talk to them. It seemed to be pretty common practice at the time as there were so few people who had the appearance.

the reason it's pick on janer time is because he's incessantly slagging everyone else off in a really childish, irritating way for mentioning anything that doesn't fit his definition of punk, which is really fucking ignorant, tedious and annoying. he's made it clear none of us are proper punks on countless occasions (constantly goading weeler for promoting hip hop) and was just looking for a rise, yet again, with this thread, that's why the reaction is negative.

the reason it's pick on janer time is because he's always slagging everyone else off for mentioning anything that doesn't fit his definition of punk which is really fucking ignorant, tedious and annoying. he's made it clear none of us are proper punks on countless occasions (constantly goading weeler for promoting hip hop) and was just looking for a rise, yet again, with this thread, that's why the reaction is negative.
I know what you mean,but knowing Janer I "think" I understand his quirks and don't find him offensive when talking or as often is the case slagging off what type of music punk or not people talk about. By just slagging hime off it kind of cancels out the suggestion that he actually do something.
* I have not paid enough attention to notice if the same people slagged and at the same time suggested this.

I know what you mean,but knowing Janer I "think" I understand his quirks and don't find him offensive when talking or as often is the case slagging off what type of music punk or not people talk about. By just slagging hime off it kind of cancels out the suggestion that he actually do something.
* I have not paid enough attention to notice if the same people slagged and at the same time suggested this.
meh. if he wants to do something he'll do it, doesn't need his hand held by a bunch of people he's always being a dick to.

I'm only trying to get a bit more perspective on it,and possibly turn the conversation away from a slagging match. Yes sometimes a slagging can be funny,but usually only when everyone is familiar with eachother. and the recipient takes it in good humour.

don't know janer personally. but a lot of his posts on this site are quite funny. but that's what i asked in my post, what's the problem, i seem to have missed something. personally i think eirecore should mainly promote punk/h/c in ireland and those bands touring it. plus it shouldn't all be about bands. also it's nice to have a threat going, without some halfwit turning it into something else.

meh. if he wants to do something he'll do it, doesn't need his hand held by a bunch of people he's always being a dick to.
Name all of these people?
I slag off what I think is crap....it's a forum boo-hoo for having an opinion.
I did slag off Weeler but c'mon hip hop, maybe I take my Punk too seriously these days but when I see Hip Hop being promoted on a Punk/HC forum I worry :eek:

and to Direct hit as I said earlier yes we were blinkered out in the suburbs as to a diy scene, all I ended up going to were the gigs I actually seen advertised
Ramones in Cabra in 84, Skids too, SFX gigs, Stranglers on the Raven tour.......I woulda jumped at the chance for DIY gigs......today my fav gigs by far are in Bohs/Lower Deck ie small diy gigs.

I just get the impression at times that it's trendy to say Punk sucks etc and it's so 1977, like luvvies at an art show or summit :D

I definately lose interest when threads go "off topic" . I also have no interest in hip hop of any type or breakcore or whatever else people have been talking about. I just have enough wit to stay away from those threads,problem solved.
If I find a thread interesting I keep reading or get involved. If not I don't bother with it. It's quite easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back