Are there any Punks actually left on Eirecore? (2 Viewers)

Any Punk left in you?

• Total voters
what a weird poll.

perhaps you should suggest what you mean by punk.
a lot of people may consider hardcore and oi to be types of punk..
some may even consider certain hip hop to be punk!
sure, the boss used to be described as punk back in the day...

what i'm getting at is that punk is such an ambiguous word and it means different things in different contexts let alone holds different meanings to different people...

i can see you talking particularly about a style of music here but... can you specify? what bands? what do you classify as "punk"?
a band can still be called punk even if they're not necessarily playing um i dunno buzzcocks-esque music...

but since you talk about "punk" on the forum and in real life a fair bit, i'd actually like to know what exactly you think it is, or more so, what punk is to you janer?

is it waking up in a pool of your own buckfast-flavoured vomit on the street outside a festival, with only your spiky leather jacket to keep you warm? is it abstinence from alcohol and/or animal products and X's on your hands?
is it being apathetic and unproductive? is it striving for a radical social change?
is it choosing to not have to rely on money to survive? is it paying lots of money to have loads of piercings and tattoos to look the part?

or are the true punks the ones who don't call themselves punk at all...?
!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

Oi and Hardcore aren't punk.
Punks dead.

B00008RH14.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Not sure what my point is
im off to lifestyle then

nothing wrong with having a broader taste in music janer as most people do here, just because someone likes hip hop or other styles of music doesnt mean they cant like punk. Less brainless Oi and hardcore, more inventive hip hop.

a more interesting poll would be if janer really is such a punk where was he in the mid eighties and nineties and early 2000's rather than playing a part in the irish punk scene??? i never heard of him /seen him involved here or in the irish emigrant punk scene in london so where was mr punk????

would he be one of these turned his back on it people after a coupel of glory years during the 77 -81 years ???? (but surely not that old?)

was he a 9-5 er?

a member of the guards?

off at sexism school?

was he a hare krishna?

someone start the poll!

After janer's escape from a maximum security stockade to the los angeles underground, he became a soldier of fortune. You obviously didn't need or know where to find him.

a more interesting poll would be if janer really is such a punk where was he in the mid eighties and nineties and early 2000's rather than playing a part in the irish punk scene??? i never heard of him /seen him involved here or in the irish emigrant punk scene in london so where was mr punk????

would he be one of these turned his back on it people after a coupel of glory years during the 77 -81 years ???? (but surely not that old?)
Punk was in the suburbs too and not everyone could afford or rotate their life around town........recession remember in the 80's?

Also no internet then / word of mouth/ advertising...
where did u advertise these gigs then?
I only discovered there was DIY gigs in 2000 from a friend and have being goingt o gigs since, didn't I fucking follow u all the way over to that poxy beerless city Frankfurt to support yas? Even pogo'd for ya when u asked?

Without any knowledge of the DIY scene in the 80's/90's I like other suburban Punks was left with graffiting over buses and buying "famous" punk band records from the 1 saturday a month we could afford to go to Advance records on the green.

I even had to watch poxy new wave bands in the late 70's early 80's like Berlin, U2, The Atrix etc

When I went to watch Bohs in the early 90's no one pulled me to one side and said "you know there's a diy Punk scene in town?"

I even had blue hair in fucking Mountjoy in 1985 when there was no 1 with coloured hair so don't give me any of that rubbish........
If Mero was here now he would tell you how he took my massive vinyl collection of me for a "great price"

Jill I shall explain to u at next gig......but already disagree with 90% of your points.

Punk was old school Punk, 76-77 etc then 2nd generation ruts/uk subs/upstarts etc along at the same time anarchistic punk crass/conflict/discharge crass/mortarhate labels and now I listen to 90's bands which are numerous and the best Punk band in Ireland ny far at the moment is The Excuses....they are a punk band for any newbies to the scene :p

This thread is for a purpose, for discussion to shake up the bullshit that has being passed as Punk lately on these boards.

See that was a shitty comp with non Punk bands on it.... it started to go downhill form there and ended by that hip hop gig advertisement here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back