Celebrity Big Brother (4 Viewers)

That wright stuff interview was embarrassing. They were all trying to set her up as misunderstood, with loads of phone calls from people praising her, and one really weak phone call criticising her, but she still managed to fuck it up by getting really angry every two seconds and going on about yer wan being racist because she called her common, failing to see the difference between snobbery and racism. Hopefully this'll be the end of her.

Apparently she went on about how the windows of her Essex home were smashed in and police were simply sitting outside doing nothing.

According to Essex police, there were no smashed windows (of note) and they have never been outside her house keeping guard, either sitting or standing.

Indeed the John Noel agency made a press release saying she was suicidal.
Her business press agency subsequently made a press release saying she wasn't suicidal at all as she wanted to look after her kids.

The whole thing stinks of shite.

David Foster Wallace has an essay* where he says a similar thing. He says, roughly, that the big thing with TV companys since the late 80's/early 90's is too make shite with stupid people in it. Compared to TVs early days where it was too make Good Programs†, now days it's the shitter the better, real idiots and piss poor story lines, this way we can all watch and scoff at how lame everything is and how clever were‡ are for noticing this.

Once you think about this a bit, TV becomes really depressing††

* Although the distinction between an essay and a fiction/essay hybrid starts to look slightly dubious when the subset of broadcasting under discussion doesn't draw any clear boundaries between scripted events and, say, a genuinely spontaneous celebrity massacre.
† I Love Lucy notwithstanding.
‡ Deliberate typo - did you spot it without reference to this footnote? My applause is your applause and my warm feeling of creeping self-satisfaction seeps into your own, like stress incontinence into a sagging couch.
†† Unless the tennis is on.

load of cack. she's a government agent. you'll see, tony blair will blow up syria and noone will care, all because of jade.

* Although the distinction between an essay and a fiction/essay hybrid starts to look slightly dubious when the subset of broadcasting under discussion doesn't draw any clear boundaries between scripted events and, say, a genuinely spontaneous celebrity massacre.
† I Love Lucy notwithstanding.
‡ Deliberate typo - did you spot it without reference to this footnote? My applause is your applause and my warm feeling of creeping self-satisfaction seeps into your own, like stress incontinence into a sagging couch.
†† Unless the tennis is on.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27769

Girlfriend Stops Reading David Foster Wallace Breakup Letter At Page 20

Claire Thompson, author David Foster Wallace's girlfriend of two years, stopped reading his 67-page breakup letter at page 20, she admitted Monday.

"It was pretty good, I guess, but I just couldn't get all the way through," said Thompson, 32, who was given the seven-chapter, heavily footnoted "Dear John" missive on Feb. 3.

Apparently she went on about how the windows of her Essex home were smashed in and police were simply sitting outside doing nothing.

According to Essex police, there were no smashed windows (of note) and they have never been outside her house keeping guard, either sitting or standing.

Indeed the John Noel agency made a press release saying she was suicidal.
Her business press agency subsequently made a press release saying she wasn't suicidal at all as she wanted to look after her kids.

The whole thing stinks of shite.

They're trying to portray her as a victim rather than a bully.

David Foster Wallace has an essay where he says a similar thing. He says, roughly, that the big thing with TV companys since the late 80's/early 90's is too make shite with stupid people in it. Compared to TVs early days where it was too make Good Programs, now days it's the shitter the better, real idiots and piss poor story lines, this way we can all watch and scoff at how lame everything is and how clever were are for noticing this.

Once you think about this a bit, TV becomes really depressing

'Television died in 1989'.

Mostly true with a few exceptions.

Bit of random trivia:

Jade Goody and David Beckham are from then same town, a place called Sawbridgeworth.

Someone should test the water supply there - is it near a zinc mine?
well, whatever about beckhams cerebral deficiencies, at leaset he's got *some* talent, if only for looking moody and making money. the problems with celebrities, is that they are no longer celebrated. so there's some fucking diddies on tv saying stuff that's ignorant and racist, but wasn't that always the case?

well, whatever about beckhams cerebral deficiencies, at leaset he's got *some* talent, if only for looking moody and making money. the problems with celebrities, is that they are no longer celebrated. so there's some fucking diddies on tv saying stuff that's ignorant and racist, but wasn't that always the case?

I think that celebrity has always been more about personal popularity, or more specifically gossip, than a celebration of talent.

In fairness Jade Goody has been fairly good at making money too, dunno if you'd call them faces she pulls moody though.

I think that celebrity has always been more about personal popularity, or more specifically gossip, than a celebration of talent.
then we're all celebrities.... aren't we? and isn't that what tv tells us. you too can be famous... but to whom and for why? is being on a realitytv program as a chef or a racist or someone who can't drive a car a reason to .... god, i have to stop.

In fairness Jade Goody has been fairly good at making money too, dunno if you'd call them faces she pulls moody though.
yeah, i wonder can she sell her self to the yanks for 250 miliion euro...

and i heard on the wireless that jade "hates herself"
well of course she does, she's 1/8 black

bad dum

and with that *pwif* he was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back