What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

over the last few days, episodes 1 - 11 of series 2 of Twin Peaks. stunning stuff. i know other viewers may disagree, but for me the series becomes its most intriguing with the whole exploration of the lodges.

have only seen series one. now thats good watching.made me watch more of david lynch's stuff. nothing by him has bettered that for me though. cant wait for series 2 to come out. saw it on dvd on ebay but cant imagine the quality would be that good?maybe though.tempting.

saw manderlay last night. good. not as good as dogville though.

yeah, i just have a downloaded version of the series two. good quality but the subtitles are in spanish. really really want an official dvd of this. the twin peaks series + fire walk with me are, i think, lynch's finest work (though of course eraserhead, blue velvet, mulholland drive and the straight story are all wonderful also).

tplodge.jpg

there is an official Spanish DVD release of region 2. don't think the picture quality is that good, according to various forums. Season 2 should be out in 2007.

what i have is almost certainly a rip from this dvd. quality of my illicit versions is like a decent enough VHS copy and nothing more. spanish subtitles are no help when in the red room.
season 2 should have been out a long time ago on dvd, a fucking travesty that it hasnt been released sooner, surely the demand is high enough?

more episodes watched over here: its almost approaching the levels of brilliance set by "the prisoner". insanely (literally) compelling.

Da Vinci Code
- Reminded my of a really boring Indiana Jones. Never read the book.
Niagara Motel
- Mehhh - alright - reminded me of something else.

meteor. a seventies disaster flick about a, er, meteor heading towards earth. good stuff.
the texas chainsaw massacre: the begining. from meh- to ok, probably one to rent out some rainy night with nothing else to watch.

the edukators: alternated between cringing and really wanting to slap them, finally ending with me whimpering into my hands when jeff buckley started whining 'hallelujah' over the climax. serves me right for not taking anyone else's word for it/insisting on seeing it because of a crush on one of the actors.

84 charing cross road: mmm, books and letters and tinned fruit and unspoken love. aside from the loudmouth american/oh you reserved british stuff (and maybe that was of its time), this was gorgeous and really enjoyable. would watch it for either her apartment or the books alone, though.

did you notice it was datlight when he started levitating the bridge, and night when he dropped it onto Alcatraz? beezarro.

lets see you carry the golden gate bridge in under two hours bucko.
i think it was dusk when he lifted it and early evening when he arrived at alcatraz. maybe they do things differently there.
maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back