What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

factotum_main.jpg

looked nice. all interiors seemed to be 50's -ish (in keeping with chucks books) but all exteriors were contemporary. bit repetitive tho - "chinaski! yr fired!" thought the midget swinging was funny tho!

I loved it. Matt Dillon was great as the slow moving, slow talking, hard drinking Hank Chinaski. It was a little bit slow, but I thought it was super. More Bukowski adaptations!!

:)

In no particular order:

Lost (First episode of Season 3 - Great first five minutes - usual the rest),
Battlestar Galactica (First two episodes of Season 3),
Superman Returns (Go Supey!),
Psycho (The original - amazing, as usual),
Confetti (Not the funiest movie of the decade but good).

It was raining.

I also watched Psycho last night - not with Goff, I might add.

First time I have ever seen it the full way through - worth the wait.

I also watched Psycho last night - not with Goff, I might add.

First time I have ever seen it the full way through - worth the wait.

Yeah, yeah. You wish.;)

Still not sure if this or Vertigo is my fave Hitchcock.

Though I will hold off judgement until I see Dial M For Murder in 3D.

"Mother! Oh, God, Mother...! What have you done...?!!"

Rope is great... but I also like Strangers on a Train...

I think my favourite Hitchcock is North By Northwest though... I love the evil, but yet betrayed, James Mason character.

Rope is great... but I also like Strangers on a Train...

I think my favourite Hitchcock is North By Northwest though... I love the evil, but yet betrayed, James Mason character.

The last two minutes or so of North By Northwest comprise one of the great cinema endings. But that movie has so much going for it. The plane chase, mount rushmore, cary grant. And of course, James Mason (Excuse me, are you James Mason in his later years?).

Still prefer Vertigo. That has Jimmy Stewart and Miss Ellie in it.

And Psycho is just incredible from the first time marion crane whips her top of (sorry, I couldn't resist....). There is nothing wrong or out of place with Psycho. It's a perfect movie.

Hitch rules.

Still, Dial M For Murder. In Glorious 3D. Grace Kelly reaching for the scissors. That I'd love to see.

Panic Room.
Dwight Yoakam is so deadly in this.

"Say that shit about the money again, babycakes."

The last two minutes or so of North By Northwest comprise one of the great cinema endings. But that movie has so much going for it. The plane chase, mount rushmore, cary grant. And of course, James Mason (Excuse me, are you James Mason in his later years?).

Still prefer Vertigo. That has Jimmy Stewart and Miss Ellie in it.

And Psycho is just incredible from the first time marion crane whips her top of (sorry, I couldn't resist....). There is nothing wrong or out of place with Psycho. It's a perfect movie.

Hitch rules.

Still, Dial M For Murder. In Glorious 3D. Grace Kelly reaching for the scissors. That I'd love to see.

Agreed on all of this... but North by Northwest just seems to have so much happening in it. Still atmospheric pauses etc but so action packed.

Of the Jimmy Stewart Hitchcock films I think Rear Window is my favourite, closely followed by Vertigo.

Dial M for Murder in 3D... hmmm finding it difficult to visualise myself. I'll reserve judgement

Anyway, last night I watched The Russia House... ok, some great acting and they did try to make it work, but I prefer the book :)

Agreed on all of this... but North by Northwest just seems to have so much happening in it. Still atmospheric pauses etc but so action packed.

Of the Jimmy Stewart Hitchcock films I think Rear Window is my favourite, closely followed by Vertigo.

Dial M for Murder in 3D... hmmm finding it difficult to visualise myself. I'll reserve judgement

Anyway, last night I watched The Russia House... ok, some great acting and they did try to make it work, but I prefer the book :)

I liked the Russia House. Ages since I saw it though. Bit slow though.

Dial M was originally meant to be shown in 3D. It was filmed in 3D. But it wasn't released that way for some reason. The scissors scene. Grace Kelly reaching for the scissors!

I think they showed it in 3D in London a few years ago.

Must investigate further.

THUMBSUCKER. PRETTY COOL. WHOEVER MADE IT LOVES HAROLD AND MAUDE.

EVEN KEANU WAS COOL.

SOMEHOW ENDED UP WATCHING THE WEDDING CRASHERS THE OTHER NIGHT.
FUCKING AWFUL. LIKE ROBBIE KEANE WITH A CLEAR RUN TO GOAL.

4 ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!s OUTTA 5 FOR THUMBSUCKER.

4 ALLAHQUAANNNDON'T!!!s OUTTA 5 FOR THE OTHER PIECE OF SHIT.

Went to see 'brothers of the head'. It was alright. On the cinema, ifi on my own. Which was refreshing. Wouldn't really be worth the effort. Very uneven mood. Seemed poorly written as well.

ON Tuesday I watched

t12697ovy6y.jpg

which was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back