Solar PV (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1
The insights are pretty shit though, it's very rarely able to give us a projected bill and quite often will not keep track of your usage on various days in the month.

I give it a D. useable but only just.

The insights are pretty shit though, it's very rarely able to give us a projected bill and quite often will not keep track of your usage on various days in the month.

I give it a D. useable but only just.
yeah i'm seeing missing days alright, but it's enough to work with

when my panels go in as long as the inverter app tracks generation, feed in, and grid consumption I should be able to get my own monitoring set up in Home Assistant by pulling in those stats

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The app that works with the system itself (Eddi) gives you great stats and info in real time. How many panels are you getting? We got 10.
9x470w, but it’s going to be a tight fit - hipped roof + velux windows - so might end up with fewer.

ah yea, these are the good times though. Be prepared to get fuck all in winter. Ours went in in February, it was pretty disappointing to begin with. I think the key is to think in years rather than bills.

ah yea, these are the good times though. Be prepared to get fuck all in winter. Ours went in in February, it was pretty disappointing to begin with. I think the key is to think in years rather than bills.
Oh we’re in this for the long haul. If we can fit the 9 in it’ll qualify for the max grant available, but if the grant restrictions on spacing get in the way of fitting the panels I might just say fuck the grant and go for it anyway.

Only going to be able to fit 6 or 7 on the front (south facing) but I think we’ll only get two on the side (east facing) so if it has to be only 6 on the front I’m actually considering 3 on the back, facing north….

Will be looking to get more in over the next couple of years anyway, if/when more roof space becomes available on a planned extension.

Lads, yis honestly need to have a thread just for the solar

Not just cos people that don't have it can't relate
But sooner or later, we're all gonna be on it, and we'll want a dedicated thread to read through

I know Pete's never busy, so it should be an easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back