Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

Just got a text from eir this morning to say that my bill is going up by a quid.

I always buy my phone myself and only signed up for them for access to virgin media sport which they no longer have so I've no particular reason to stick with them.

I should move.

eir residential broadband support were pretty good when i had to call on them for a fairly non-standard support request.

eir residential broadband support were pretty good when i had to call on them for a fairly non-standard support request.

funnily enough the only working number that i was able to get through to anyone on was the residential broadband one.
nuts how Eir are still in business. i really regret going with them. i still have zero resolve and have had zero contact from them bar a twitter reply saying 'a jiffy bag is on the way'. cunts

might have told this story before - but i once contacted Eir (via a circuitous route - their phone systems won't allow you through unless you've an account number, and i'm not a customer); to let them know that a tree in my garden was leaning against a phone line, and that if they had a crew in the area cutting back branches, that i was giving my explicit permission for them to hack at the tree.
after an initial 'we're not doing your tree surgery for you for free', and me explaining that it was no skin off my nose if the line broke, i was doing it to be nice, they said they'd look into it and get back to me.
a week later, the same woman rang back and seemed happy she'd found the solution - i should log a ticket with my service provider, who would pass it to eir, who would contract a crew to call out and cut the tree back; and that they would charge *my* service provider for this. it was up to my service provider to decide whether to charge that back to me.
i pointed out 'but i'm with virgin?' - and she said yes, i should log a ticket with virgin over my tree leaning against an eir phone line, etc. etc.
when i got a little incredulous, she got quite defensive; when i asked 'do you think virgin would take a call from me to pass a request to their competitor to do work to protect that competitor's infrastructure, and charge virgin for that; i.e. you want virgin to pay to protect your phone line; that they would not just hang up the phone?'
she got huffy and told me that yes, that was the way they'd deal with it, so the issue ended there.

except i did get someone to take the tree down a year or so later, and he broke the line in the process.

I'm supposed to be in Berlin right now.
But Sunday was a bad day for the ol' MS and I couldn't face an international trip so we didn't go.

I had a week booked off work so I'm taking that anyway.

Refund application in with Ryanair, we'll see how that shit goes.....

funnily enough the only working number that i was able to get through to anyone on was the residential broadband one.
nuts how Eir are still in business. i really regret going with them. i still have zero resolve and have had zero contact from them bar a twitter reply saying 'a jiffy bag is on the way'. cunts

i still havent got my replacement phone. i am now two weeks into a contract and i am still using my old phone. well, trying to (is fucked).

joke town

There's no amount of internetting or nostalgia youtubeing that's gonna fix this.

The current mrs seanc is leaving. We are legally married. She's moving back into her parents house, blissfully unaware that I'll be left homeless. Or also that her parents want her to cop on a bit, I really like her parents.

I have until this coming friday to find somewhere. Or else I'll be homeless again.

I've got some leads, gonna be an interesting week of Thumped posting,

There's no amount of internetting or nostalgia youtubeing that's gonna fix this.

The current mrs seanc is leaving. We are legally married. She's moving back into her parents house, blissfully unaware that I'll be left homeless. Or also that her parents want her to cop on a bit, I really like her parents.

I have until this coming friday to find somewhere. Or else I'll be homeless again.

Really sorry to hear this man. I hope you can get the immediate issues re housing sorted and that long term this ends up being a hard moment that leads to a better place.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can work something out

That’s awful to hear, I hope you get somewhere to stay.

She likes to be busy in July, so we got together in July, we got married in July. Now we're parting ways in July. So long as your busy. I would've thought she'd see the ebbs and flows of her patterns, I wouldn't have married her otherwise, but she hasn't.

It's a relief in a way. July '23 is gonna be awesome. Or better yet, mediocre.

No more pity posting, I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back