Record Player Stand (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, looking to get a record player stand. Need enough space on top for the player and 2 speakers and storage for about 100 lps. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Obvious option is Ikea's kallax a four shelf version will store over 200 LPs but I'm not sure you could fit a player and speakers on top with the 8 compartment version maybe. Also it's very light weight so sound quality wise you'd want something with more density to absorb vibration see the second photo here where someone added extra timber which also offers more speaker positioning.

cc77992acde15bfcc5f6e9aeb04e4b0b.jpg

6b2879efaea82ea74b59c9c9f69cf339.jpg

Otherwise I'd suggest the second hand furniture market or try to build something yourself.

this abomination seems to be all Ikea have in CD shelves -
I have a CD unit 10 shelves high by about a metre which is very flimsy due to the shelves being too wide.
holds 600-700 CDs and really needs replacing.
I can't find anything even half the size of this on the market, most of the units are more built for DVDs

If you don't have the room positioning already set up with hi fi in mind then I don't see how special shelving will make much difference.

We got a shelving thing made last year for about 500 quid, it houses the record player, speakers (thank you Dudley for the speaker recommendation), and all the various bits and bobs and I guess there'd be space for about 500 or so records, not that I have 500 records. House is absolutely not set up for hi fi but that's ok by me.

This guy made it

i had an amp being repaired in cloney audio years ago, and was asking noel for advice on positioning the speakers.
his first question was 'are they concrete floors or suspended wood?'
'suspended wood'
'tear up your floorboards, pour concrete, and then come back to me'.

If you don't have the room positioning already set up with hi fi in mind then I don't see how special shelving will make much difference.

We got a shelving thing made last year for about 500 quid, it houses the record player, speakers (thank you Dudley for the speaker recommendation), and all the various bits and bobs and I guess there'd be space for about 500 or so records, not that I have 500 records. House is absolutely not set up for hi fi but that's ok by me.

This guy made it

I thought about getting some custom made shelving, but the interest passed.
For a big collection its the way to go.
I have about...1300 CDs. 220 records approx.... & shrinking.
The buying has slowed down a lot & i'm selling bits off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back