Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

Can you explain that in english for morons for me? What is being measured there? Geo-location data?

see this yellow line? Thats people going to people's houses measured from google maps data. That has been basically at the same level since the xmas period.

Now considering that a lot of people* would have gone slight more social at xmas, this is probably made of of extra pricks at this point as all the adults actually follow the guidelines post xmas.

*me for example, i went to see my siblings at xmas.

Attachments

• EuXWLwMXYAAMDyt.jpg
    EuXWLwMXYAAMDyt.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 13
The comments under this, fucking hell

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I meant to say this for ages but since I first saw Prof. Luke O'Neill last year, I think he looks like Dr. Timothy Leary when he was his age.

The last gig I was at was Evan Parker (and two other lads) and I see he now has some new PLANDEMIC-themed free sax tune. His sampling is a bit rudimentary but the sax playing is fantastic.

I stumbled across a debate in the improv free jazz twitter sphere as to whether this release a cancellable affair or not. I lost the will to live before I got to the conclusion though...

Was it this thread that mentioned music industry insiders predicting 14 years until they would be back to normal? With the caveat that we still exist in 14 years.

Because on that note, on a walk yesterday I was thinking about that, and big events in general. Last big gig I was at was the Cure in Malahide. Which involved a trip on a packed bus into town, and then an hour or more in an absolutely stuffed dart to Malahide.

Seems like a lifetime away. Young people missing out on that kind of experience during those short couple of years of mid to late teens. Sucks.

The last gig I was at was Evan Parker (and two other lads) and I see he now has some new PLANDEMIC-themed free sax tune. His sampling is a bit rudimentary but the sax playing is fantastic.

that’s depressing

there’s a guy I know who is posting more and more covid-denial/querdenker-type stuff online as time goes by. the only thing I can think of that was similar was watching friends get into hard drugs. i don’t know if that’s too provocative a comparison, but the emotional effect of it on me, watching from the sidelines, is similar. it’s watching someone slowly just losing it

Was it this thread that mentioned music industry insiders predicting 14 years until they would be back to normal? With the caveat that we still exist in 14 years.

Because on that note, on a walk yesterday I was thinking about that, and big events in general. Last big gig I was at was the Cure in Malahide. Which involved a trip on a packed bus into town, and then an hour or more in an absolutely stuffed dart to Malahide.

Seems like a lifetime away. Young people missing out on that kind of experience during those short couple of years of mid to late teens. Sucks.
I can cope with the pandemic restrictions but I've had my crack at being young.
the young folks are missing out on so much. this is almost a crucial year of their development gone now,
that they will never get back.

that’s depressing

there’s a guy I know who is posting more and more covid-denial/querdenker-type stuff online as time goes by. the only thing I can think of that was similar was watching friends get into hard drugs. i don’t know if that’s too provocative a comparison, but the emotional effect of it on me, watching from the sidelines, is similar. it’s watching someone slowly just losing it

You know - in another context I've seen a friend get sucked into an internet wormhole of islamophobia. From someone how was very liberal, feminist etc he gradually became more and extreme. It was exactly like this, someone's personality slowly changing almost as the mania took hold.

Erm ... I'm not comfortable posting any details here, and probably will delete this quickly, but if any of you have any advice on dealing with the above as a parent please PM me

I'm afraid not dude - I fairly failed in terms of helping the guy I referred to.
without being nosey/unhelpful - is it at the level of being a mental health thing, needing professional advice?

I'd suggest bringing to meet people of Islamic faith but that's a tough one atm. Maybe look at the work the Islamic Sister's of Ireland are doing as part of focussing on positives. Familiarity is generally the key to solving prejudices ime.

The only advice i've seen that made any sense is saying to someone "I'm your friend and i'm worried about you" and then letting it sit with them. They have to make their own decisions.

I see a lot of similarities between all of these things whether it be Qanon or hashtag activism.

but just as how you're not going to watch or be convinced by their 6 hour youtube documentary about Hillary Clinton eating babies so they're not going to be convinced by your 6 thousand word article dismantling their beliefs.

I remember being a bit ranty about capitalism and the like when I was 17 and my parents saying to me something along the lines of "You can't do anything about this, all you're doing is getting us and yourself upset over something none of us can change." It did kind of cop me on a bit because I didn't want to upset my parents, ALTHOUGH I WAS STILL RIGHT WASNT I.

The only advice i've seen that made any sense is saying to someone "I'm your friend and i'm worried about you" and then letting it sit with them. They have to make their own decisions.

I see a lot of similarities between all of these things whether it be Qanon or hashtag activism.

but just as how you're not going to watch or be convinced by their 6 hour youtube documentary about Hillary Clinton eating babies so they're not going to be convinced by your 6 thousand word article dismantling their beliefs.

I remember being a bit ranty about capitalism and the like when I was 17 and my parents saying to me something along the lines of "You can't do anything about this, all you're doing is getting us and yourself upset over something none of us can change." It did kind of cop me on a bit because I didn't want to upset my parents, ALTHOUGH I WAS STILL RIGHT WASNT I.
After the revolution, I send your parents to gulag

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back