Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (16 Viewers)

Any time i've (rarely) seen my ASU neighbour in uniform at his house he's had his handgun on him. Never seen him with the MP7 or whatever he has; presumably that's left locked in the car (which always had at least one other cop in it at the time.)

Another neighbour is a detective. Dunno if he's armed or not though.
Its a bit of a myth the the Gardai are an unarmed police force. The only ones unarmed are the ones walking the beat, and possibly the ones in the patrol cars. A lot of uniformed gardai, and all plain-clothes gardai (ie: the DDU) are armed.

I don't know where to start with this. I haven't met anyone who's been in the army who hasn't been an arse in their own special way. I can get along with them, and they are useful to work with. All you have to do is shout at them, it's gas.

Also, I don't think it's a new thing that the health sector doesn't get enough money while the military gets too much. I think that's been happening for a while.
all I was really saying was I despair that so many people are like Clarkson and openly wish their entire society was run by the military. This is the appeal of "actual fascism" that people like to accuse everyone else of.

all I was really saying was I despair that so many people are like Clarkson and openly wish their entire society was run by the military. This is the appeal of "actual fascism" that people like to accuse everyone else of.
it's kinda curious as well, despite the right wing view of hollywood being run by a cabal of effete lefties, how much in love with the idea hollywood is of the army being the only true thing between us and annihilation. the government is full of ineffectual or sinister types, but the army is full of true blooded honourable patriots.

how much in love with the idea hollywood is of the army being the only true thing between us and annihilation.

wether they love the army or not, from what i've heard the army literally hovers over, re-writes, edits every major production in hollywood. Maybe not directly but more so in a 'priest at the local disco' type way. There are people on sets. If you want to make movies and be mega rich then you accept this.

wether they love the army or not, from what i've heard the army literally hovers over, re-writes, edits every major production in hollywood. Maybe not directly but more so in a 'priest at the local disco' type way. There are people on sets. If you want to make movies and be mega rich then you accept this.
Directly quite often i believe, depending on what military gear you want to show in your films. There have been cases where they're allowed go through your script line by line and cut and change lines.

When a studio hopes to use military assets, including locations, equipment, and personnel, they must submit their script for review to the Department of Defense Entertainment Liaison Office. In return for cost-saving assistance, “the Pentagon gets to have its hand on the script,” Stahl says. “They get to make changes, marginal comments, strike things.”

but back to Corona

i had assumed it was 'well, if you want to make a movie featuring the military, it's our game, our ball, and our rules'. rather than any power the military has to enforce anything - but most major studios seem perfectly happy with that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Richest country on the planet, has more amassed wealth than any entity since the beginning of time.

Richest country on the planet, has more amassed wealth than any entity since the beginning of time.

Chapo Trap House's take on Andrew Cuomo seems about right:

Chapo Trap House's take on Andrew Cuomo seems about right:

haha. That's pretty close to how Trump would answer.

Don't be nasty to me! Patronize. Patronize. Patronize. Patronize. SHOUTING. Insult. Patronize.

Oh, never mind. These guys are making the same point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back