Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (8 Viewers)

and yet more. my mother in law has been avoiding a friend of hers for months, because said friend has been lax to the point of contempt about being sensible. despite being in her 70s and a lifelong smoker, and married to a man with COPD.

anyway, she had 19 people around for christmas dinner. two have tested positive in the last couple of days.
so the son of my mother in law's friend is 50, and is in ICU, sedated, covid pneumonia, and on a ventilator. so about ten of the family have gathered in the house (at least four different households). you couldn't make it up.
the two who were diagnosed around new years are different cases to the chap in ICU.

Last edited:
I can't find guidelines. The only place I've seen this is in the Irish Times. And in one part of the article it says it only applies to people coming from South Africa and the UK but in another it says it applies to people coming from any other country. I'm waiting to get specifics. Like, the soonest i could get my test would be about 76 hours before travel, so kind of seems a bit unfair if they'd ban me flying, or stick me in the slammer for 6 months for the same of those few hours.

if the 72 hours is from the date that the result is issued (which would make no sense), then I'm sorted.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the sheer amount of virus in the community means that its literally closer to everyone than before. Maths innit

and almost seconds after sending this - found out our childminder had tested positive for covid! we havent seen her since last week, so we're technically in the clear as regards close contact. she's asymptomatic as well, so so far everyones ok.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thanks, I saw that. I'm actually due in on friday night, so will arrive before the requirement kicks in. I was set to do a test, but since I've lived like a hermit since new year's and the plane is half-empty, I'll forego it this time.

and almost seconds after sending this - found out our childminder had tested positive for covid! we havent seen her since last week, so we're technically in the clear as regards close contact. she's asymptomatic as well, so so far everyones ok.
my aul one went to a friend's for dinner over xmas. She got a text a few days later saying she was a close contact. The friend, and her husband, both tested positive. He suffered badly with it, her not so much. My ma hadn't as much as a sniffle and her isolation is due to end today.

my aul one went to a friend's for dinner over xmas. She got a text a few days later saying she was a close contact. The friend, and her husband, both tested positive. He suffered badly with it, her not so much. My ma hadn't as much as a sniffle and her isolation is due to end today.

glad to hear your mams ok- the minder is self isolating in a bedsit off dorset st. having lived in a bedsit off dorset st at one point I'm as concerned for her mental health as much as anything!

glad to hear your mams ok- the minder is self isolating in a bedsit off dorset st. having lived in a bedsit off dorset st at one point I'm as concerned for her mental health as much as anything!
cheers, I'm amazed cos she must have caught it having been in such close contact.

I hope things work out ok for the minder. I did a 10-day isolation stint in an apartment out here, but it was a nice place so could hardly have been more comfortable, but it was still tough enough.

I can't figure out the isolation part of the new rules. It says 5-days in the IT article, and that can be lifted if yo get the test (pointless seeing as the whole country is in isolation anyway).

cheers, I'm amazed cos she must have caught it having been in such close contact.

I hope things work out ok for the minder. I did a 10-day isolation stint in an apartment out here, but it was a nice place so could hardly have been more comfortable, but it was still tough enough.

I can't figure out the isolation part of the new rules. It says 5-days in the IT article, and that can be lifted if yo get the test (pointless seeing as the whole country is in isolation anyway).

yeah - in theory we're all restricting our movements

i've heard stories of people getting it, seemingly nearly recovering, but nosediving months later. but i assume this case is a 'test positive/test negative/test positive again a few months later' scenario?

how is she? worse or lesser dose than the first one?
Sorry only remembered to reply now. She had it mildly in July and again now. She’s not sure if it’s a different strain or what but it’s a little worse the second time but no where near hospital bad.
The rest of her family are due to get a second test about now but they’re still all doing fine.

Surprised phisios are still working. Myladywife has been desperate for a sports style massage since last march.

Need to go out for milk later. Haven't been to the shop since before christmas. Have the same feeling as during last March. Pox.

Surprised phisios are still working. Myladywife has been desperate for a sports style massage since last march.

Need to go out for milk later. Haven't been to the shop since before christmas. Have the same feeling as during last March. Pox.
early morning or late evening is yer only man.

During the march lockdown I found my local Dunnes was almost deserted at 5pm on a tuesday. That became my weekly shopping slot.

I sent my rent cheque on the 28th, to arrive by the 10th of Jan, and got a nasty note yesterday from my apartment management asking me why I'd not paid them.

I did some tracking shit down, and the bank definitely sent the cheque, the money was removed from the account, everything looked kosher, but the cheque itself had not been cached. They suggested I talk to the post office.

So I call the PO, and... fuuuuuuuck me. USPS is close to halted at the moment. They just told me straight up: almost all of the regular staff are either dead, quaranteed, or still recovering. They had to hire stand ins, but they don't know what they're doing really, and in the meantime the standins are starting to drop out sick too. A letter that would normally take one or two days to deliver is now regularly taking in excess of two weeks, or getting lost completely. They're not even sugar coating it: "We're FUCKED. Sorry about that."

Nuts.

The missus had a relative die. He was old but relatively healthy. Funnily, everyone else on that side of her fam has tested positive. Literally everyone.
They all live far away and we are not their favourite branch of the family. I'm quite happy to avoid the in-laws in this case. Us fancy London lot etc...

The missus had a relative die. He was old but relatively healthy. Funnily, everyone else on that side of her fam has tested positive. Literally everyone.
They all live far away and we are not their favourite branch of the family. I'm quite happy to avoid the in-laws in this case. Us fancy London lot etc...

A buddy of mine from Cork has had both his parents die within 6 weeks.

I don't even know what to say to the lad. Stroke, and unknown, possibly stroke. They aren't sure if it's covid related, but... yeah. If you look at the incidence of stroke it's through the roof these days. Covid does a number on your capillaries, you can be quite asymptomatic but have minor bleeds internally.

Both parents though. They were high risk and all that, but... yeah, upsetting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back