Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

I can't help feeling that if Western Capitalism had taken China a bit more seriously we wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place

The pandemic was coming. This one could well be a warm-up to the next, more serious, one.

Not only do we not give AF, we actively weigh the dice against us with our obsession with packing animals into disease ridden places because we think they're kind of tasty.

It doesn't matter where this or the next come from, no one country is no more or less cuntish than any of the rest of us, the virus is going to spread from whatever place it originates and sweep through humans. This is pretty much the way it is now, whether we like it or not. And we're not interested in behavioural changes that might mitigate anything.

so now you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arriving in Ireland. I'm due to fly back to Ireland next monday .The place that does PCR tests here doesn't work at weekends. I'm booked in for a covid test on friday afternoon. From then to the time of my flight will be about 79 hours. If those pricks don't accept my test for the sake of 7 poxy hours when I got the test as close as I could to the flight (in time for me to be able to get the results back), I'll go fuckin ballistic.

If you don't interact with anyone during those 79 hours, I'm not seeing what their argument would be.

Like, as in, I don't understand, I'm not saying they're wrong. Also, where you getting these guidelines? I'm going to have to do the same rigmarole myself at some point I'm guessing... unless I can get myself vaccinated...

If you don't interact with anyone during those 79 hours, I'm not seeing what their argument would be.

Like, as in, I don't understand, I'm not saying they're wrong. Also, where you getting these guidelines? I'm going to have to do the same rigmarole myself at some point I'm guessing... unless I can get myself vaccinated...
I can't find guidelines. The only place I've seen this is in the Irish Times. And in one part of the article it says it only applies to people coming from South Africa and the UK but in another it says it applies to people coming from any other country. I'm waiting to get specifics. Like, the soonest i could get my test would be about 76 hours before travel, so kind of seems a bit unfair if they'd ban me flying, or stick me in the slammer for 6 months for the same of those few hours.

if the 72 hours is from the date that the result is issued (which would make no sense), then I'm sorted.

so now you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arriving in Ireland. I'm due to fly back to Ireland next monday .The place that does PCR tests here doesn't work at weekends. I'm booked in for a covid test on friday afternoon. From then to the time of my flight will be about 79 hours. If those pricks don't accept my test for the sake of 7 poxy hours when I got the test as close as I could to the flight (in time for me to be able to get the results back), I'll go fuckin ballistic.
You'll go fuckin back to where you came from

Because we just let it rather than trying to stop it

it might be a shitty take, and wrong, but I'd guess there's very little we can do to stop it.

The place is festering with humans, and we're at this kind of critical density that almost no matter what we do infect is going to spread.

I dunno. I might be being a bit nihilistic. Humans basically do two things: move around, and hang around with other humans. The variable is at what rate we move around and interact with other humans, and realistically that's always going to be in the range of: a lot.

I can't find guidelines. The only place I've seen this is in the Irish Times. And in one part of the article it says it only applies to people coming from South Africa and the UK but in another it says it applies to people coming from any other country. I'm waiting to get specifics. Like, the soonest i could get my test would be about 76 hours before travel, so kind of seems a bit unfair if they'd ban me flying, or stick me in the slammer for 6 months for the same of those few hours.

if the 72 hours is from the date that the result is issued (which would make no sense), then I'm sorted.
ok... thanks Scutter.

they could at least show a bit of leniency in the first few days, to give people a chance to get this shit sorted.

like, I'll be fully isolating when I get back, so its a medal I should be getting for all my efforts.

Eamon Ryan just said result within 72 hours.

are you from knocklyon? Do you know Gav Power or T. Baumgarten? There was a few lads on bikes I knew up there. My brother just married a knocklyon woman and bought a gaff there. Heh.
I'm from covid'logue (templeogue) but live in knocklyon (just up the road).

Don't know them lads. Well I know several gav powers but I don't think any of them have bikes.

I do know mainline tho and they're not sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back