What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (9 Viewers)

I really like Owen Jones, don't agree with him over everything, and he is a columnist so I'll hold that against him, but at least he's showing a bit of solidarity. He had a great interview with Peter Hitchens the other week!

He's one of those 'Corbyn must answer endlessly and grovellingly for imaginary antisemitism' knob-ends though
That'd be one of the ones where I disagree. He's endlessly attacked in bad faith himself but seems to think that maybe this one can be worked out, I don't get it.

Disingenuous? Why so? 🤔
He is a by-any-means-necessary hard-Leftie. Personally, the main thing I dislike him for is his unwavering propagandising of Corbyn. It was transparently hideous, at a time when Corbyn was on a daily basis proving himself a time-waster and incapable of leading a party. He's the guy Right folk can legitimately point to as an example of how the Left-Wing media is incapable of objectivity. They wouldn't be wrong, and the Guardian is unfortunately full of that kind of journalism. Jones is not without his merits, but taken as a whole, his work has been damaging for the Left.

He is a by-any-means-necessary hard-Leftie. Personally, the main thing I dislike him for is his unwavering propagandising of Corbyn. It was transparently hideous, at a time when Corbyn was on a daily basis proving himself a time-waster and incapable of leading a party. He's the guy Right folk can legitimately point to as an example of how the Left-Wing media is incapable of objectivity. They wouldn't be wrong, and the Guardian is unfortunately full of that kind of journalism. Jones is not without his merits, but taken as a whole, his work has been damaging for the Left.

Not sure I’d agree with that but sure ok.

He's one of those 'Corbyn must answer endlessly and grovellingly for imaginary antisemitism' knob-ends though

Is he both these things?

Disingenuous? Why so? 🤔
For many reasons Ernesto, which I won't go into here, because I find it pretty draining, but my general feeling - aside from the fact that I find him to be a very poor writer - is that I find him to be a very poor thinker. I also find that he can be incredibly nasty at certain times. Lots of people can be, also-particularly on the medium of Twitter, but I find it unprofessional and unseemly. He also seems to blame people for doing the exact thing he often does-but doesn't seem to engage in self-awareness. Eek, I wrote more than I intended to :censored:. That's enough Owen Jones for today, am going to read some Andrea Dworkin(y).

Is he both these things?
He's a, *spits*, columnist

(actually what he's saying in the first article there in 2017 is a pretty accurate depiction of what people are now saying in here after the 2019 defeat but it's still throwing Corbyn under a bus for "pragmatic" reasons)

Not a twitter pile on as such.. there was a bit of furore around the use of the term west brit/castle catholic over the past few weeks. I use that term, i use it because it is a word for a thing that happens. Here's an example:

The Irish Examiner twitter just published an article, sure it came through an aggregator or whatever but this on the Irish website.

"Labour publishes plan to drive anti-Semitism out of the party"

Nowhere in the article do they distinguise in this Irish newspaper that we are talking about a political party from another country, its just taken as a default that your write Ireland out of the thing. The same applies to the 'the queen'. You mention the fucking queen and you don't tell me what country queen you are talking about, then I can only assume you have mentally defaulted to recognising a monarch from somewhere else as your own.

And that is why we need a word for a thing, because its a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back