What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (8 Viewers)

and it’s a bit weird to see him get ripped to shreds as some sort of cut-out two-dimensional representation of white american child abuser awful parenting and the like

partly because I’ve been listening to bean can dad’s podcast for over a decade

I've never been a full time parent so I'm curious enough what folks make of that. Obvs twitter is enraged, teaching practice would suggest better ways but not all parents are trained be teachers etc etc..

the thing is, he’s a born tall-tale teller. and a classic unreliable narrator. he’s a totally amazing character, and I truly love his podcast. It has honestly got me through some tough times.

so when I see all this, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s telling a story that is more-or-less true, but having managed to accidentally enrage the hive mind, has now just decided, well, fuck it, no surrender, and is just embracing the role of internet villain for the next 48 to 72 hours

the thing is, he’s a born tall-tale teller. and a classic unreliable narrator. he’s a totally amazing character, and I truly love his podcast. It has honestly got me through some tough times.

so when I see all this, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s telling a story that is more-or-less true, but having managed to accidentally enrage the hive mind, has now just decided, well, fuck it, no surrender, and is just embracing the role of internet villain for the next 48 to 72 hours

Whatever his podcast is it'll have multiple times the listeners on the other side of this. I got a vibe of tall tales of it when i gave it a less tired read this evening.

Whatever his podcast is it'll have multiple times the listeners on the other side of this. I got a vibe of tall tales of it when i gave it a less tired read this evening.
yeah, if there’s any lesson to this, it’s that twitter is the great flattener. the only acceptable modes are either mawkish cuteness or enraged riastradh. but then we knew that all already

he also does another podcast together with ken jennings, who just tooted this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just reading about this bean can dad thing.

> "He sounds like the sort of dad who likes beating his kids at games, making them cry, says it’s to ‘toughen them up’ when really he’s just an obnoxious git who uses his kids to make himself feel big"

I always go as hard as I can playing kids at chess. Wrecking people's souls is what chess is for, children don't just get to dodge that bullet, they have sweet enough lives as it is. I don't get any pleasure from it, you can't enjoy beating a kid unless you're a nutcase, but it needs to happen.

Basically everybody loses; it's the chess way.

I've pretty much given up on twitter. It seems now that if you're not on it the whole time, you tend not to have a clue what most people are on about. That and the armchair experts on every fucking thing under the sun. Do people not realise they come across as thundercunts when they start spouting on about things they have no qualifications in, or no authority on. Its fucking depressing.

I deleted the app from my phone a few months back- so fucking glad. I can still access it through the browser if I want to, but in reality I only check it every couple of days now when I'm bored. It's not like I participated much, but scrolling through all the opinionsopinionsopinions is so fucking draining I needed to be rid of it. I mean, leaving aside the obvious shite that's on there, alot of the opinions are actually relaly informed, articulate, funny etc etc but the overwhelming number of them is just too much to take on board after a certain point. So fuck it. I don't miss it for a second.

some guy said something about allison pearson (horrible telegraph columnist) and she's threatened to get him fired from his job and now he's (understandably) freaking out

some guy said something about allison pearson (horrible telegraph columnist) and she's threatened to get him fired from his job and now he's (understandably) freaking out

Whole thread is a bit of a laugh.

I don't know what to do with these people other than ignore them. Shitepipe has the right attitude tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back