Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

I'd like to take up sea swimming too but I'm not getting into Dublin bay. They were talking about this on the radio recently, some medical guy said it's good for you, gets the circulation going and boosts the immune system. A listener texted in to ask if a cold shower would have the same benefits and he said yes it does as long as you stay in long enough to get really freezing and shivery so I've started doing that. It's fairly miserable.
But what could be wrong with swimming in Dublin bay?

I'd like to take up sea swimming too but I'm not getting into Dublin bay. They were talking about this on the radio recently, some medical guy said it's good for you, gets the circulation going and boosts the immune system. A listener texted in to ask if a cold shower would have the same benefits and he said yes it does as long as you stay in long enough to get really freezing and shivery so I've started doing that. It's fairly miserable.
I started having a cold shower in the mornings for a while during the summer, because ... well, because we had gone camping, and the tent got destroyed by the wind, and while I was trying to get the tent down and all the stuff under cover out in the lashing rain and wind I felt more ALIVE than I had done in ages, so I thought maybe what I needed to lift my spirits was more adversity, but manageable adversity. Worked ok, but after a while I realised that I had basically just introduced one more thing I didn't like into my day and yeah well maybe that wasn't such a good idea. So I stopped

You wouldn't happen to own a pub Mick ?

them above in dublin don't care about the poor old farmer, whos only social outlet is to congregate outside a closed pub with a takeaway pint

@rettucs Talk of all the swimmers congregating is kicking off on Newstalk today
thanks. I'll check twitter later to get the gist of what's being said. I can guess though.

Local Residents: they're pricks coming over here, robbing our women and using our sea
Swimmer Pricks: rah, rah, rah, check owt my dry robe roight, can't wait for the rugger, being back drico rah, rah, rah

Dirty Filthbags, at last a good reason to kill them all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back