Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

Looks like the Brits are finally taking it seriously, closing pubs and paying wages:

(from the guardian liveblog)

Sunak says the economic intervention is “unprecedented” in the history of the British state, and will be one of the most comprehensive in the world.

People listening must realise “they will not face this alone, but it will take a collective national effort”, he declares.

To protect jobs, the chancellor announces that the government will step in and help pay wages, for the first time in UK history. It’s called the coronavirus job retention scheme.

Companies and organisations will be able to apply for a grant from HMRC to cover the wages of people who are not working due to coronavirus shutdowns, but who haven’t been laid off.

It will cover 80% of the salaries of these retained workers, up to £2,500 per month.

The devil will be in the details of course but on the face of it, fair play. Turns out the magic money tree was real after all.

Had a row with a women in the shop today . Came bumbling in to make a self service coffee,nearly on top of me and knocked everything over on to the floor. Was almost pushing me to pick it up. I bit my tongue until I was leaving as she was still nearly on top of people so I told her it wasnt cool and she should leave space. She shouted something indecipherable at me followed with telling me to mind my own business. I said that's exactly it,I am. She was about to spout something else so I just told her to fuck off and left.

Saw a few too many teenagers about with mates etc too. These folks are going to ruin it for everyone.

Most people are being reasonable/ respectful. But I fear it will only take a few.

Looks like the Brits are finally taking it seriously, closing pubs and paying wages:

(from the guardian liveblog)

Sunak says the economic intervention is “unprecedented” in the history of the British state, and will be one of the most comprehensive in the world.

People listening must realise “they will not face this alone, but it will take a collective national effort”, he declares.

To protect jobs, the chancellor announces that the government will step in and help pay wages, for the first time in UK history. It’s called the coronavirus job retention scheme.

Companies and organisations will be able to apply for a grant from HMRC to cover the wages of people who are not working due to coronavirus shutdowns, but who haven’t been laid off.

It will cover 80% of the salaries of these retained workers, up to £2,500 per month.

The devil will be in the details of course but on the face of it, fair play. Turns out the magic money tree was real after all.
Your man Sunak is impressive. Boris should step down and let him run the show

Had a row with a women in the shop today . Came bumbling in to make a self service coffee,nearly on top of me and knocked everything over on to the floor. Was almost pushing me to pick it up. I bit my tongue until I was leaving as she was still nearly on top of people so I told her it wasnt cool and she should leave space. She shouted something indecipherable at me followed with telling me to mind my own business. I said that's exactly it,I am. She was about to spout something else so I just told her to fuck off and left.

Saw a few too many teenagers about with mates etc too. These folks are going to ruin it for everyone.

Most people are being reasonable/ respectful. But I fear it will only take a few.

Yeah having just been to the shop I have concluded that we can all social distance all we want, but we're fucked anyway because there's far too many of those total fuckin morons that just won't listen.

Was in the queue for the checkout, left a good 5 foot between the person in front of me, and this fuckin dickhead woman wearing a mask comes and stands in front of me. So I say "Eh there's actually a queue there" (was a lad behind me giving about 5 foot space as well) and yer one goes and stands right fuckin behind me. So I turn and say "Will you take a couple of steps back there please" and she goes "Oh I haven't got it, I'm not feeling sick or anything". So I say to her "People carry it about without showing any symptoms" and she says "Yeah but I've been self-isolating so I don't have it" to which I reply "The only way you know you don't have it is if you've been tested" and she finally does this token "Oh sorry" kind of thing. Fuckin moron like.
I'm guessing most of the cunts wearing the masks probably think the way she does. "Oh I've been social isolating" - well you're not very fucking isolated from me when you're standing about 20 centimetres behind me you fucking dick

And aside from that every group of teenagers I walked past just doesn't give a fuck at all

There's a tab on here for amount of cases per million population if you want to start comparing countries. Obviously there's outliers like Vatican City where one person is a huge proportion of population and it's not taking into consideration how many people are being tested/not being tested since no one knows, but still worth following I think...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A LETTER FROM F. SCOTT FITZGERALD, QUARANTINED IN 1920 IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE DURING THE SPANISH INFLUENZA OUTBREAK.

Dearest Rosemary,

It was a limpid dreary day, hung as in a basket from a single dull star. I thank you for your letter. Outside, I perceive what may be a collection of fallen leaves tussling against a trash can. It rings like jazz to my ears. The streets are that empty. It seems as though the bulk of the city has retreated to their quarters, rightfully so. At this time, it seems very poignant to avoid all public spaces. Even the bars, as I told Hemingway, but to that he punched me in the stomach, to which I asked if he had washed his hands. He hadn’t. He is much the denier, that one. Why, he considers the virus to be just influenza. I’m curious of his sources.
The officials have alerted us to ensure we have a month’s worth of necessities. Zelda and I have stocked up on red wine, whiskey, rum, vermouth, absinthe, white wine, sherry, gin, and lord, if we need it, brandy. Please pray for us.
You should see the square, oh, it is terrible. I weep for the damned eventualities this future brings. The long afternoons rolling forward slowly on the ever-slick bottomless highball. Z. says it’s no excuse to drink, but I just can’t seem to steady my hand. In the distance, from my brooding perch, the shoreline is cloaked in a dull haze where I can discern an unremitting penance that has been heading this way for a long, long while. And yet, amongst the cracked cloudline of an evening’s cast, I focus on a single strain of light, calling me forth to believe in a better morrow.
Faithfully yours,
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bah. Should have realised it's too good to be true

214d97a3f5a698f5a8c43d08e2c48439445a2f08.jpeg

Had a cut today. It's way better than the shite cuts i used to get.

Use the highest blade thing you get in the box with the clippers all over, give the sides a go with the next plastic thing a couple of numbers down. You're good to go.

If someone will buzz around the back of your neck all the better.

"the tom hanks disease"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back