Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This has all gone a bit mad now. Has there been mass cancellations of events like this before in our lifetime? (I'm 37)

I remember very shonky foot mats being soaked in some antidote during foot and mouth, and not eating beef during mad cow's disease.

This is on another level entirely.

This has all gone a bit mad now. Has there been mass cancellations of events like this before in our lifetime? (I'm 37)

Good question
The world is so different now. Massively connected, distrustful of institutions, risk averse etc etc.

Plus these things like Bond and SXSW are massive commercial considerations, with SXSW probably having insurance liabilities.

There's a lot of things compounding the problem on top of standard human panic, before you even get to the disease.

China's already on the other side of this. I think we're gonna be fine.

ETA

'sake

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

China's already on the other side of this. I think we're gonna be fine.
yes, but using lockdown of citizenry the likes of which will never be seen in ireland.

people are going to be very risk averse to this. if it did spread in ireland with a 1% death rate, that could be 40,000 dying in the space of a few months, with an already overloaded health system and probably a massive amount of medical staff who will be unfit to work for weeks at a time.
we *have* to treat this very carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back