How does this fucking yoke work? (1 Viewer)

How does this fucking yoke work?

View attachment 10805

Unscrew the top, empty out all coffee grounds.

Water in the bottom part up to the line, coffee in the middle part, screw it all back together. Heat until it starts to boil, at that point you'll have coffee in the top part. Yer done. Makes espresso though, be careful.

Solution
TOP TIP:

Boil the water in a kettle before you put it in the moka pot, and have the gas or electric ring already turned on. It'll brew much more quickly, and will taste a lot smoother, the water gets a lot less time to make the coffee bitter.

Don't pack the basket with coffee, just a decent amount.

As soon as you hear it start to bubble up, take it off the heat.
Some people think you shouldn't let it filter all the water through, so you can put the pot on a saucer of a cold water when its close to being done, stops it dead.

Afterwards, never put it in a dishwasher or rinse with soap or any detergent, just a rinse with water, you're meant to let the oils from the coffee build up in the pot. Hygiene, be damned!

TOP TIP:

Boil the water in a kettle before you put it in the moka pot, and have the gas or electric ring already turned on. It'll brew much more quickly, and will taste a lot smoother, the water gets a lot less time to make the coffee bitter.

Well now, will have to give that a shot.

I use my Birletti to make Americanos. Sacrilege to you (superior) posers, no doubt.

The aluminium has got a bit iffy looking; corroded or oxidised or something.. but sure , boiling water kills all germs, right?

According to the Italians in work it is sacrilege to water down your coffee. Tiny, very strong cups or NOTHING. Americano is, at best, an insult to the language.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Setzer's version

I love it

I had it played at an Italian wedding here and the place went bonkers. Grannies up doing swing moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back